That's It! I'm Throwing Away My Detectors!

On 2/9/2024 at 2:04 AM, Erik Oostra said:

I've decided to throw away my gold detectors as I no longer need this ancient technology..

I will be landing in Perth on Monday and will be close to your area on Wednesday. I am bringing you a gift card so that you will be able to purchase those glasses. I will also have a second card for you to say thank you for your trouble. I was afraid that they would get lost in the mail so I decided to pick them up while I am down there on business.

You can message me so that I have your address and please enclose your phone number also.

Maybe we will be able to do some detecting while I am there also and I will pick up the drinks and meals.

Caleb

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

VL if you catch up with Eric tell him it is OK for him to take you to my beach to detect. 😃 But you can't use those glasses there. 😒 

Due to currency a 100$ US will buy you $150 AUD meal here. 😁

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, geof_junk said:

VL if you catch up with Eric tell him it is OK for him to take you to my beach to detect. 😃 But you can't use those glasses there. 😒 

Due to currency a 100$ US will buy you $150 AUD meal here. 😁

I just hope that he won't start hiding since someone is willing to help him get those glasses for the detectors.

Since this is a business trip most of what I do down there will be written off on taxes.

I have reserved a plane service to take us where we want to go to look for gold while we are there.

Maybe we can get together for some detecting and have a meal together.

I know about the currency and that means a lot when I am looking at a sub that is close to 3 million AUD.

I can save a lot of money by checking it out and then having it sent to where I need it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2024 at 10:18 AM, Gerry in Idaho said:

And to think, some folks actually buy.  Silly

Yes Gerry,

But for those that do purchase, will you and Lunk be offering training?  🤣 Just kidding.  I wish I had the motivation to train as many people as you do.

You are a real asset to the hobby.  A man with a metal detector is no more useful in finding gold than a man with a broom, unless he is trained to use it.  You provide a valuable service.

Doc

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

I have reserved a plane service to take us where we want to go to look for gold while we are there.

Maybe we can get together for some detecting and have a meal together.

Sounds good Caleb! You're on! See you Wednesday.. I'll message the details.. A plane will come in handy if the pickings are grim on the island.. We can also try out those glasses from the air.. We're very likely to make a fortune.. You'll make enough to buy a fleet of subs..  

17 hours ago, geof_junk said:

if you catch up with Eric tell him it is OK for him to take you to my beach to detect.

Thanks mate.. We'll go 3 ways on the loot? 

• Haha 3

On 2/11/2024 at 7:18 PM, Taz said:

Damn, iv been had. I just ordered and am waiting for delivery of those exact same glasses, except mine were advertised as xray specs. I new there was something fishy about them😕

So you bought some of these, huh.  We know what 'treasure' you were after....

xray-glasses.jpeg.5ae67c8b6549f0c832f01ec9950ba72a.jpeg

• Haha 4