Tekkna For The Deus 2, First Impression (updated 3)

1 minute ago, meehalych said:

What I didn't like was that there was too much mumbling to my ear. P1 did well (I use full tones also). I guess it is a matter of habit only. Tekkna is saved along with modified P1 and P6 so I gonna work with it anyway

As for undesirable junk - it is no problem cause I tend to dig almost every target that rings nicely, so every time it ends up with a pouch full of trash (wire, shell fragments etc)

Yes, I think that is the reason most lower iron volume to 7. 👍

In a clean field I use Relic with many modifications, the 00-00 notch being the most important. I can tell most times that a target is aluminum, but do the same as you mostly.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went out in a field today: actually I mostly used modified P1 as there was still too much water in a spot, but there was a relatively dry area with lot of trash of all kind, so I spent up to an hour working with Tekkna. I seem I start to like it even though I found only one coin, it was sixth (from USSR, year 1946; 7 coins in total this day and lot of trash). 

Found this guy while working with Tekkna)

The french metal detector and the figure of Napoleon (sadly a stand with its feet was missing) - it was a destiny, indeed)

20240409_193211.jpg

1 hour ago, meehalych said:

Found this guy while working with Tekkna)

The french metal detector and the figure of Napoleon (sadly a stand with its feet was missing) - it was a destiny, indeed)

20240409_193211.jpg

Napolean?  Well, that's just crazy! 😉

TEKKNA FOREVER  ..

Two days ago we went out for a militaria outing with my cousin on a 1stWW German camp. We had hunted this area in 2012 2013 and never been back again . Curious to see if we could still find things there 12 years after ..

I have my trusty Deus2 WS6 set on Tekkna , my cousin has a Deus1 WS5 with a slightly modified Basic1 program.

This camp is quite large , the Germans have built many wood houses here, probably several hundred soldiers were living there .The ground is infested with irons of all sizes, it should be ideal for the Tekkna program.

Not very lucky at the beginning with just a few basic buttons . Tekkna works very well though and it filters very well the ferrous . Half an hour later a clean high tone signal and a big button . It is a sergeant major button with a Prussian eagle on it , wow what a nice find ... 🙃

When detectecting you very often find unexpected things ... A few minutes later I hear a medium tone , probably a 1st WW rubbish .. No it is a Roman coin lol .. An other very nice find ..  🙂

My cousing will find a splendid helmet eagle a little later with his Deus1.  😇The D1 is still an excellent performer in the iron trash ..

I will find 3 other coins , a French 1920 , A German 10 pfennig 1876 and a very nice French Revolution coin dating from 1800.  The Revolution coin was deep with a faint high tone signal and my Quest Xpointer Max helped a lot to locate it at the bottom of the hole. I have used my Xpointer Max almost all the time during this outing btw ..

After 3 hours detecting its time to go home . It was a great outing in a very nice area during a sunny day of Spring ..

Looking forward to come back here again .. 

1) The wood :

DSC03235.JPG

2) A Prussian sergeant major button :

DSC03240.JPG

DSC03244.JPG

3) A Roman coin :

DSC03237.JPG

4) A French revolution coin located with my Quest Xpointer Max :

DSC03247.JPG

5) My cousin with a Prussian helmet eagle and his Deus1 WS5 :

DSC03245.JPG

6) The sergeant major button after cleaning :

DSC00625.JPG

7) the roman coin after cleaning , Aurelianus , date around +260 

DSC00619.JPG

DSC00620.thumb.JPG.037000907d52ebcfb7f2c568bd567893.JPG

8 ) 10 pfennig 1876 :

DSC00621.JPG

9) The French revolution coin after cleaning ( AN 8 , 1800 )  :

DSC00616.JPG

DSC00617.JPG

14 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Two days ago we went out for a militaria outing with my cousin on a 1stWW German camp.

Incredible finds, palzynski. While I don't envy your area being the place of war, the recovery of artifacts of many eras is quite impressive. From the Romans to the French Revolution to WW1 is something I cannot imagine 🤯 A thousand or more years of history. Congratulations to you and your cousin.

I'm glad Tekkna is working well for you, going back there more would probably be a good thing 🤔 

I am enjoying using the WS6 more now, I'll be posting some interesting stuff soon. 🙂

Really very nice Palzynski. Still waiting to test Tekkna. Thanks for your report!