My New D2 Rig

NCtoad

Well, I went ahead and got another D2 with both the 9” and 13”x11” coils.  I opted for the package that included the wasii headphones instead of the ws6.  I’m glad too.  The wsaii’s are not only lighter, but less expensive.  I never used the ws6 as the master on my first D2 so the wsaii made more sense for me.  Here’s a pic of my old rig on the left that I’ll use mainly for water hunting. IMG_4484.thumb.jpeg.fb7c471e4c291e6d50b57ea08369975c.jpegAs you can see I bought the RCDIGS remote holder for this set up.  I also got a really well made stand for the new stem on ebay.  Here’s a close up of it:IMG_4490.thumb.jpeg.6f728026c16d5371b58c914d20b930d3.jpegI just went out to my single coin coin garden😂. I have a silver dime that I buried maybe two years ago and at that time it was exactly 8” deep.  I just ran through every stock program and man oh man is that 13x11 ever deep”.  In every program except fast40 I could still hit that dime with coil raised around 4” off the ground.  In the beach mode it was hitting it with the coil about 6” off the ground!   Gold and relic were really close to that.  All with good ID’s too!   I only spent about 3 or 4 minutes testing this out, but I’m impressed!   Also that big coil is not nearly as nose heavy or hard to swing as I thought it would be.  In fact it’s not bad at all!   

• Like 5

Lookin sweet! I love my 13x11 on the beach especially.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NCtoad said:

I also got a really well made stand for the new stem on ebay

Ok NC, I need that stand. 😀 Got a link?

Nice rigs by the way. 👍 

9 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

That's for the "Lite" rig, ordered the highest one for the regular D2. 👍

Thanks man! Somebody finally stepped up with a good one. 🙂

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

That's for the "Lite" rig, ordered the highest one for the regular D2. 👍

Thanks man! Somebody finally stepped up with a good one. 🙂

Sorry, I put the wrong link.  Here’s mine.  It’s the medium size.  
https://www.ebay.com/itm/364647857186?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=VpW7kC_7SF6&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=aM-gh_K9QNO&var=634169554812&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 1

Congrats on the new rig NC! I recently picked up an extra D2 with almost the exact same setup. 13”x11” coil, remote, WSA II XL, WS6 and an extra 9” coil. I prefer the WSA 2 XL’s over the WS6, so figured I’d just sell both of my WS6 headphones and the extra 9” coil to recoup some of the $$$ I spent.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 2:13 PM, NCtoad said:

I also got a really well made stand for the new stem on ebay.

Mine came today NC, thanks again for posting these. Very well made stuff, I got the tallest one to accommodate the 11" and 13", I hope it holds up as well as yours looks like it will.20240228_162922.thumb.jpg.f23b1f38bd77a3e461f2d993f40cf038.jpg

Finally... 🙄

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 4:55 PM, F350Platinum said:

Mine came today NC, thanks again for posting these. Very well made stuff, I got the tallest one to accommodate the 11" and 13", I hope it holds up as well as yours looks like it will.20240228_162922.thumb.jpg.f23b1f38bd77a3e461f2d993f40cf038.jpg

Finally... 🙄

I’m glad you like it!   The guy that makes these is very meticulous and pays a lot of attention to detail!  Even his installation instructions are very detailed.  There’s another guy on ebay making a similar two piece stand but from the pics it looks like his uses a wood screw to hold the two pieces together instead of machine screws with a nylock nut.  Which are stainless I might add.  And he includes a made in the US allen wrench!  Let us know how yours holds up.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

I’m glad you like it!

I can't thank you enough, NC. 🙂 I stopped looking for a decent "shoe" after I got my SteveG rig, but now I'm working on 3 Deus 2's, (2 with the RC and a WS6), I needed a good shoe for the stock shaft 😅 Beach season is coming, it'll be nice to not have to chase the detector down the slope. 😬

• Like 1