New Untouched Colonial Homestead

On rare occasions someone experiences a detecting session that is too amazing to be made up.  Do you think there was some kind of trading post, etc. there in the first half of the 18th Century, with so many coins' dates being close together?

If this is a permission I hope the opportunity doesn't turn into a pumpkin, but even if it does you already have memories for the rest of your life.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, JCR said:

That is a wonderful opportunity right there, almost unheard of nowadays. Some beautiful finds. I see one of your cuff links has the Masonic emblem of the Compass and Square. Please keep us informed on your adventure.

Time is limited as it wont be long before the flying teeth arrive. I dug these Free Masons cuffs 10 years apart and they are sporting crossbow bolt symbols. Thought you would enjoy.

20180510_213528.jpg

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, Lodge Scent said:

Good for you man! Great finds !!! It's been a long time since I found a virgin cellar hole site. Was it a secluded site you had to find in the woods or was it hiding in plain sight?

Both actually.

38 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

On rare occasions someone experiences a detecting session that is too amazing to be made up.  Do you think there was some kind of trading post, etc. there in the first half of the 18th Century, with so many coins' dates being close together?

If this is a permission I hope the opportunity doesn't turn into a pumpkin, but even if it does you already have memories for the rest of your life.

Could be some type of small trade or just a wealthy family. I dug a total of 58 buttons.  It came and went whatever was there 1720s to 1794.  My buddy hit 2 of the most beautiful 1794 Liberty Caps absolute stunners with very low mileage, we still are riding high. 

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

Fantastic finds with beautiful patinas! It's almost like you got on a time machine and took a trip back to the middle 1960's.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NJ Art said:

My buddy hit 2 of the most beautiful 1794 Liberty Caps absolute stunners with very low mileage, we still are riding high.

The amazement just keeps coming!  Any chance you could post photos of those?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

The amazement just keeps coming!  Any chance you could post photos of those?

Here they be. My buddy is sending them out to get graded.

al2-side.jpg

al 2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 3

16 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Beautiful knee buckle. You can tell just from the finds there was money at that house. Engraved Tombacs, a masonic cuff link, plus other nicer design cuff links, and some of the best coppers I have seen come out of the woods. Beautiful soil where you are at. Must have great drainage. Congrats on some stellar hunting.

Thanks, I couldn't believe that the buckle was intact. Yes the sandy soil helps with the drainage here, along with the lack of fertilizer at this site is killer.

• Like 2