Big Clad Haul With A Nice Relic Too

From what I found online it appears the token is from Salt Lake City and if so I found this old news paper article in the Salt Lake Telegram from 1923 that is reporting on what appears to be baseball teams, one of the teams is sponsored by "Browning Auto", which could be where that token came from, but who knows, I searched for them with "1923" as part of the search and couldn't find any other info.

https://newspapers.lib.utah.edu/details?id=18989144

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All very nice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gold Seeker said:

From what I found online it appears the token is from Salt Lake City and if so I found this old news paper article in the Salt Lake Telegram from 1923 that is reporting on what appears to be baseball teams, one of the teams is sponsored by "Browning Auto", which could be where that token came from, but who knows, I searched for them with "1923" as part of the search and couldn't find any other info.

https://newspapers.lib.utah.edu/details?id=18989144

Excellent!  I didn't find that in my searches.  It's the right place - I found it in Salt Lake.  And lines up in time with the padlock.

Has to be a silver coin or two hiding in all that modern trash where those 1920s items were.  Vegetation will be getting tall soon and make that little spot hard to hunt.  But I'll definitely get back to it while I still can.  And remember it for next year.  It's only 15 minutes from home which is extra nice.

- Dave

• Like 2

Very nice hunt and some very good saves. if you have a good watch and clock repair shop it may be able to be running again. That would be a nice item to have brought back to life.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 2

Do a google earth historical imagery search on it and see what the area was...I did a post on here a few years ago where I discovered an old ball field that a modern park was built over..I was hunting the park and started finding some old stuff...got intact old pocket watch and a silver dollar from the 1920's ...Nice work Dave! looks like the small coil is working great for you.

strick 

• Like 1

Checking out historical maps and images are definitely on my to do list.  And yes, the little coil is working great!  Combined with the Manticore live ID in pinpoint (an underrated Manticore feature), it really excels at scrubbing good stuff out of heavy trash.

- Dave

• Like 1

You sure did find multiple something good on that hunt ! 🤯

Sounds like many more trips there are called for.

Could you bring trimmers if the weeds grow ?