Website Back In Time ×

It REALLY Is A Different Beast

mn90403

Oh, I should have added that I'll be able to go into some locations where the EMI has been too great for the 800 and the 3030.  That would be on a couple of beaches I go to that have buried cables which completely disable some detectors.  The volleyball courts I was on are undetectable with the 800 but not with the Manticore.

• Like 5

There's a key point that should be taken carefully...

Everytime working with higher than correct sensitivity levels, the 2D panel begins to act erratically...This can be noticed by an increased noise to signals ratio and immediately transformed in a worst discrimination's quality...Even if using the all metal, the line it really is the one factor to take care of...It doesn't matter the trace shape, which can be a perfect round dot or elongated, horizontal flat or thin and spreaded...

Listening to a pure non metal signal means however a possible good one but maybe by an irregular shaped object...It happened a crazy find to me yesterday ,with unstable ID but tiny dots around the center line...

It was a 14K yellow/white big ring trapped in a rock hole perfectly vertical🫢.

In the weekly wrap up I'll post tomorrow it can be seen...6.76g. of 14K...Dang..

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Don't know why you would keep the volume at 5. Mine's at 20 for my earbuds and ferrous volume at 8. Nice finds for just learning the machine. You will be able to pass up stakes, caps, and some foil that is not round shaped as you learn their responses. Good job.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm not really understanding the logic behind the volume at 5 either, crank that volume up, especially when you're a bit hard at hearing.  

You're off to a great start with it, Mitchel, very well done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, phrunt said:

especially when you're a bit hard at hearing.  

Not only ... To adopt the volume of the iron equal to that of the signal is to create an audio filter that in itself already tells a lot about the nature of the target.

Keeping in mind that any track that strays too far from the center line is less likely to be something good, it leads to minimizing ferrous limits and avoiding masking.

At that point, not by eliminating, but by assigning a ferrous tone to the first upper lines, you understand the falsing of the ground when the sensitivity is too high and prevent large nails from overpowering the weaker gold signal

• Thanks 1