Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Big Number Screen

Elbert

I'm wondering if anyone else is have the same problem as me with the "big number screen". In the General Program, I enable the big number screen with no problem When I turn off the big number screen and go back to the General program everything is fine. When I then turn of my remote and turn it back on the General program screen comes on as it should for a few seconds and immediately reverts to the big number screen. I ran through the process at least 10 times with the same results. I tried this on some of the other programs and they all returned to their original screen set up. Any thoughts.

Thanks,

El

That means all of the 12 stock programs return to their default values on power up. I believe the big number screen is the default value in Gen mode. You can make a custom Gen mode program and set it up however you like.

• Like 1

I don't think the big number screen is the default, not unless something has changed in the upgrades. I am a new user of the D2. I had been a long-time user of the original Deus. The unit I have is version2.oo, brand spanking new. It has never been out of the house. I have been practicing on how to go through the various programs before going out to the field, so I have turned the unit on and off maybe 20 or so times and program 1 always came on without the big numbers. Once I enable the big number screen, that's when it changed. 

I have the WS6 setup without the remote control. My WS6 is using version 2.0 software. When I turn on my WS6 and scroll to Program 1 General, the large target ID numbers are displayed automatically by default. If I don't want those big numbers I have to disable them. If I turn my Deus 2 WS6 off and back on, the large numbers automatically are displayed for the stock #1 General program. I can only assume that it's the same with the full remote using the stock General program on startup.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Elbert said:

I don't think the big number screen is the default, not unless something has changed in the upgrades. I am a new user of the D2. I had been a long-time user of the original Deus. The unit I have is version2.oo, brand spanking new. It has never been out of the house. I have been practicing on how to go through the various programs before going out to the field, so I have turned the unit on and off maybe 20 or so times and program 1 always came on without the big numbers. Once I enable the big number screen, that's when it changed. 

The big number TID IS the default for General Program 1, not a bug or problem.  It was added as part of the V 1.0 firmware update and has been retained as the default in Ver 1.1 and Ver 2.0.  So you must be misremembering something about how the machine behaved out of the box if it had 2.0 pre-installed.  It is not the default T.ID screen for the other programs.

It's all spelled out in my Deus 2 Update Consolidated Informational Post:

Here's a snip of the relevant words:

SmartSelect_20240616_093951_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1460df8b8d0e3433986372bd82563001.jpg

Finally, if this is an issue for you you can just save a custom version of Program 1 with the Big T.ID display mode deselected and problem solved. :smile:

P.S., Elbert, I finally got that 720i scoop out in the wet sand and I love it.  Thanks!

• Like 1