A Good Week At The Tubing Hill And A School

I also hunt kiddie splash pool areas. So far that produced a .9999 gold, and a .51ct diamond ring. Other pool areas produced an old gold w/ruby and black hills gold. Good areas. I still haven’t been able to talk my way into any of the public pools in the area. No one will let me carry my detector in when I buy a ticket either.

On this sled hill the rings were all over the place. I spent the first day working the itty bitty kiddie hill and landing area (left side in the photo). Those rings were in the landing area. Day two I hit the extended landing area and the base of the big hill. The men’s white gold ring and Versace medal were at the very base of the hill. Nothing in the landing area. Day three I spent at the apex of the hill. The six junk rings came from the 90’ x 20’ apex. The little 1/4 acre park behind the apex produced 60 quarters in under 90 minutes (no rings). Day four I worked the bottom half of the slope. The gold ring with stones was mid slope. The silver ring was just above the base and had been hit by the aerator. The last day I worked the upper slope and only found one junker. 

In the past two years I’ve found four gold rings (two with stones) on other sled hills. Three were at the base or in the landing area. One was on the slope. I really can’t see any pattern that might help pinpoint specific areas to hunt. I will note that there were fewer rings on the big slope than I thought there would be. The number of rings at the apex launching area surprised me. Your comment about the adult waiting area is right on the mark. I hadn’t thought about that.

thanks for your interest. I hope you get to hunt a few tubing hills. They can be a lot of fun, and a challenge to walk the slopes.

Happy Hunting!