Garrett Vortex Quick Start Guide

• The topic was pinned

I haven't researched further but can the VX5 be upgraded to enable wireless audio via firmware update to the VX7 or VX9?

I couldn't tell if the wireless feature was permanently unavailable because of any hardware limitation on the VX5.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

I haven't researched further but can the VX5 be upgraded to enable wireless audio via firmware update to the VX7 or VX9?

I couldn't tell if the wireless feature was permanently unavailable because of any hardware limitation on the VX5.

Thanks.

They are the same hardware. Upgrading the software enables features not available at the lower price tier.

garrett-vortex-metal-detector-upgrage-pricing-vx5-vx7-vx9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• The topic was unpinned

Find this interesting.
#10 Target ID Cursor…..For adjacent targets, Vortex is capable of presenting more than one Target ID on the screen simultaneously.

On sites (mining camps) with heavy iron trash I find 2-tone a good option, iron falsing signals often spread across the 5-tones. The VX5 menu does have iron audio just not the iron volume. I will be curious to learn the frequencies utilized in Multi-Frequency and if the MF is the same for all three models. 

Garrett has updated the chart on their website that corresponds to the 3rd post in this topic also.

• Thanks 1