Hello From Midwest

I've been interested in gold prospecting since the early 1990s (especially in the southwestern states). Retired now just turned 68, but my goal is to eventually get back to active prospecting.

Thanks! 🤚 

Welcome from East Texas.

Greetings from Missouri, there's a great crowd here.

Welcome from Indiana!

12 hours ago, glacialgold said:

Welcome from Indiana!

Nice, ever find any pickers down there? I live on a glacial hill. I find a few large chunks of quartz vein, that's about it except for abundant blueish green glaucophane. I once had a sample assayed by a professional from Ridgecrest CA. Supposed to be quite common in Japan.

2 minutes ago, Red_desert said:

Nice, ever find any pickers down there?

A few, yes.

I'm just south of the line where the Wisconsinian and Illinoian glaciers halted, and some of the creeks draining that area can yield chunkier gold. I've found three chunky flakes (<0.02g) that ring up on the 800 and Legend in their respective gold modes. 

Here is dry glaucophane, it looks more greenish. When wet you get more bluish of a color. Appears to have a spindel concave perfectly rounded.

WIN_20240418_21_29_15_Pro.jpg

22 minutes ago, glacialgold said:

A few, yes.

I'm just south of the line where the Wisconsinian and Illinoian glaciers halted, and some of the creeks draining that area can yield chunkier gold. I've found three chunky flakes (<0.02g) that ring up on the 800 and Legend in their respective gold modes. 

Somewhere is a stream a guy found nugget using a 2 1/2-inch homemade backpack dredge.