Vortex Iron Bias Control?

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Is there a detector in the last ten years of any consequence that was in final form when it shipped? Not only is the software not done, I would make the case that it won’t be for another six months to a year. Anyone with any sense should know by now that waiting at least six months until after the first machines ship is not a bad idea. Let others be the guinea pigs and wait for the dust to settle before pulling the trigger. Or be first to buy, with the possibility your feedback might mold the final end result. That has its own appeal for some, but frustrations as well.

Good to hear final form of the iron bias is still an open question, with adjustable being an option. Probably VX9 only though, if at all.

Also explains why no manual yet. The big picture is done, but not the details.

garrett-vortex-metal-detector-collapsed-length.jpg

What if everyone would say Steve is right let’s not buy for 6 months and they done so you wouldn’t know anymore than you do now.

I guess I’m going to be one of the Guinea pigs. Garrett is just up the road from me and if I got to camp out there so be it.

Chuck 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

What if everyone would say Steve is right let’s not buy for 6 months and they done so you wouldn’t know anymore than you do now.

I guess I’m going to be one of the Guinea pigs. Garrett is just up the road from me and if I got to camp out there so be it.

Chuck 

Guess you and I are going to be the Guinea Pigs Chuck LOL

Take a nice motor home or tent LOL

• Like 1

I adore guinea pigs. Had one named Twinkles when I was a kid. And been one plenty of times. :smile:

In case anyone missed it sometimes this hobby is just about getting a new toy to play with. I’ve owned and sold more detectors than I can remember, what’s one more? And frankly for anyone used to buying Minelab PI detectors, well, my last Minelab coil costs twice what a VX9 does!

• Like 5

I really hope Garrett’s product design and engineering teams have a good BS filter for all the Facebook and forum conversations.  After reading through some FB comments and threads on other forums it seems a fair few of the ones making the most noise about what the Vortex is lacking don’t even have a basic understanding of how an induction balance metal detector works let alone the processing involved in an SMF detector.  

• Like 1

There are two different Quick Start Guides. I downloaded the original Quick Start Guide on the day of the release. It looks like this:

Original Release Day Quick Start Guide

Updated Quick Start Guide  https://www.detectorprospector.com/files/file/236-garrett-vortex-quick-start-guide/

High Resolution Iron Discrimination setting has been added in the Menu heading for the updated Quick Start Guide.

That feature has also been added to the list of features on Garrett's Vortex website.

Whether it is an iron bias control.........?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

There are two different Quick Start Guides. I downloaded the original Quick Start Guide on the day of the release. It looks like this:

Original Release Day Quick Start Guide

Updated Quick Start Guide  https://www.detectorprospector.com/files/file/236-garrett-vortex-quick-start-guide/

High Resolution Iron Discrimination setting has been added in the Menu heading for the updated Quick Start Guide.

That feature has also been added to the list of features on Garrett's Vortex website.

Whether it is an iron bias control.........?

Thanks Jeff. I deleted the pdf of the old version you uploaded and linked instead to the version I posted on the forum previously. Plus updated the version in the Downloads area and linked to that.

• Like 2