The Tesoro Detectors Are Crushing On Ebay

Big money for the Golden UMax (saw two recently). Placed some bids on a mint Mojave. It went for 660.00. Crazy.

• Like 1

Lots of my customers are going back to analog detectors. 

• Like 1

i just bought 4

2 scout(compadre with sens pot)

1 Rapier(silver sabre umax)

1 Compadre 

All in like used twice condition ,stocking for the old days

RR

• Like 1

3 hours ago, L David Keith said:

Lots of my customers are going back to analog detectors. 

I'm curious. What do analog detectors offer that today's detectors don't? And when you say analog, are you talking about those detectors without displays of any type or something altogether different?

Just trying to get the info in my head, not in any way being difficult or sarcastic. Quite the opposite, I like different avenues.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RobNC said:

What do analog detectors offer that today's detectors don't?

For me it’s about simplicity. ID numbers don’t matter if you’re looking for jewelry in parks. There may be some rings that ID as a nickel but most earings, charms, broken chains and rings are going to ID as junk (foil, tabs, etc.) if you’re looking at the display. Tesoros have awesome iron discrimination and are great at signaling on the little bits of broken gold jewelry.  

• Like 3

Just now, Noah (FL) said:

For me it’s about simplicity. ID numbers don’t matter if you’re looking for jewelry in parks. There may be some rings that ID as a nickel but most earings, charms, broken chains and rings are going to ID as junk (foil, tabs, etc.) if you’re looking at the display. Tesoros have awesome iron discrimination and are great at signaling on the little bits of broken gold jewelry.  

Hey I remember. The use of your thumb to slightly up the disc until the signal either disappeared or remained was how you determined a potential good target from garbage. I still read how some say the audio had a certain sound on certain targets but my ears never connected at that level with the Tesoro audio.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Noah (FL) said:

same for me, I have purchased 5 different beep and digs, recently and personally for me I am having more fun using these beep and digs than I have had in a few years.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, RobNC said:

I'm curious. What do analog detectors offer that today's detectors don't? And when you say analog, are you talking about those detectors without displays of any type or something altogether different?

Just trying to get the info in my head, not in any way being difficult or sarcastic. Quite the opposite, I like different avenues.

show me a digital detector that can do this and I will purchase one, this is what the Analogues offer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Noah (FL) said:

eBay is so frustrating.  I have a few different tesoro searches that I look at every few days and I haven’t seen a Golden uMax listing in months 

There was two. Buy it now and another that the seller took down saying it wasn't working. I suspect he got an offer he could not refuse.

• Like 3