Battery Life?

Hi question to users please, how long is your battery lasting ? The manual indicates up to 10 hours. 

So my settings  were screen light on auto, no vibration or torch enabled, no use of the high conductor  search mode. what should I expect ? From what I am seeing the battery seems to deplete quite quickly when using the 12x15 coil after about 4 hrs use, the green battery light has about a quarter showing well below half, I realize that the green battery indicator does not give accurate data but I wouldn't bet on there being 4 hrs battery life remaining.

Have just jumped off the fence and bought this machine after using my nox 800  for the last 5 years, was worried I made a bad decision but after some judicious testing on my 4 year old test garden with iron contamination in places I am very happy with my choice the performance upgrade is noticeable and it is fun to use, great machine.🙂

I've yet to deplete the battery completely as I recharge after every hunt. I use the M15 and after 5 hours, the battery level appears to have only lost one segment. I'm not sure what that equates to as a percentage. I'm running the light at maximum as that is what I need in full sunshine. I'm confident of getting close to the 10 hour mark based on my observations. I might even go a full hunt and not recharge for the next one but I will bring the powerbank with me in case I run out of juice on the second hunt.

I do know for a fact that my battery readout was definitely not as low as yours after 4 hours. Are you getting the full green battery status after fully charging. Check your USB-A specifications to see what sort of power delivery there is. If it's too low then the battery won't get a full charge but the battery status may show it as being "full". The green LED charge light (not the screen battery icon) should hold steady after a full charge. One of my USB-A chargers wouldn't achieve this and showed the blinking green LED constantly.....I think it was delivering too low a charge to fully top off the battery.

Just checked the charger I use and it is 3A/5V. I don't use the USB 2A chargers anymore.

15 minutes ago, Tony said:

I do know for a fact that my battery readout was definitely not as low as yours after 4 hours. Are you getting the full green battery status after fully charging. Check your USB-A specifications to see what sort of power delivery there is. If it's too low then the battery won't get a full charge but the battery status may show it as being "full". The green LED charge light (not the screen battery icon) should hold steady after a full charge. One of my USB-A chargers wouldn't achieve this and showed the blinking green LED constantly.....I think it was delivering too low a charge to fully top off the battery.

Hi yep all fully charged and no flashing green light. I used 2A/5v charger which has been used for my nox with no issues ! 

I have fully charged it again and will note down accurately how long I use it for. It may be that I have under estimated how long I have used it, so we will see. I will let you know the results. Thx for info

• The title was changed to Battery Life?
5 hours ago, Chesroy said:

Hi yep all fully charged and no flashing green light. I used 2A/5v charger

It seems the right Amps/Volts that the manual it says to use...

Similar battery consumption even for me using the M8 with high sensitivity. 8 hours of operation and a recharge it is necessary.

Aniway be careful to remove the auto lighting and set a proper level to suit the daylight and spare some energy setting off the keypad...

I run in ATHC with the back light pretty high. ATHC and the backlight really draw the battery down fast. Battery run time is not good at all. I rigged a backup battery on mine from the get go. Most of the time I start recharging from the backup well before the day is over. Basically days I'm out 6 hours or more I have to go to backup to finish out the day. I don't think I could deal with it without the backup battery. My opinion everyone needs a backup with this detector.

Has anyone mentioned headphones vs. speaker?  That tends to make a noticeable difference on all detectors.

I've been running All Terrain High Conductors (ATHC) almost exclusively, but with either the ML105 headphones or the WM09 wireless module.  The battery life indicator gets pretty low after ~6 hours but I've not run it out or gotten any warnings.  (I seem to recall a 6 1/2 hour run time for ATHC predicted in some ML videos, but my memory could be off on that.)

BTW, I don't know why the battery indicator gets a bad rap, maybe because the early (pre-release) videos weren't very descriptive?  IMO the decreasing size of the green part is fairly continuous (to the best of my eyes) over time in use.

I'm running the stock 11 inch with a BT transmitter plugged into the head phone jack volume at 20, not using ATHC and after 6 hr I have about 25% left.  I'm guessing, the headphones might have some extra draw going on. 

When I run the 11" coil, headphones in AT General, Gold or ATLC which are the modes I use the most. I'm getting about 8 hours out of the Manticore. I've run my battery down to the low battery warning quite a few times as I generally hunt 9-10 hrs when I'm out. I almost always have to switch over to another detector on these long hunts.