Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Thanks guy for your response. It seems by the replies, that this is not a local (Australia) problem but a Universal problem with no magic fix except by trying to educate as many people as possible the reasons why holes should be filled in and the benefits. And also doing by example.

wombat :wink:

• Like 2

I don't know what to say really. I think if it takes me a day of filling holes then I'll  make one more trip out to pay the bills. I don't mind filling them it helps me with a bad temper and rage that I might otherwise use on those who don't fill them. 

There is a super great spot that detecting was allowed and it was big enough for maybe three thousand machines. This place is closed and you will be fined and jail is now mandatory. I found out there was a group minging with a dumper and excavator and an other leaving holes. The authority came and closes all 12000 acres. As well there are five ranches that are not friendly to detectorists in the same area. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How timely!

It's been very dry here the last week for late winter/early spring.

Yesterday I took my family to a nice older park in a local suburb so the kids could play. I sometimes come here to hunt by myself too. Eventually when I got my detector out and was doing my thing around the water feature/ spray-ground, I came across a zinc penny signal. When I went to pop the very shallow coin (practically on the surface) through the thatch with my screwdriver I popped out an entire 6 inch wide irregular shaped shallow plug. I was surprised! Calling it a plug is generous, it was simply destruction of sod. I went on to recover can slaw and bottlecaps again and again from every single f-ing dig that some jack-off left all around this sprayground area. You can't hardly see them now because the grass is all dormant, but come spring....those plugs are gone- cut right off at the roots just below the surface. I tamped them down hoping they will stay but come mower season it's going to be ugly. At least I took all the trash from the holes I found so perhaps there will be no association made.

I literally want to strangle someone after I beat them down with their machine. Then I will simply cover the body with shallow cut sod. Pisses me off greatly!

Man, I'm now getting upset again....lol.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, fredmason said:

Oh, I don't know, Whitebutler;

public flogging seems to be effective...

at the least they should get the spanking that never happened when they were young...

now where is that belt?

fred

I have a cinch strap that works well. 

John

That is absolutely not acceptable.

Not that just have moral duty but tour operators as a business have duty of care.

It so so hard in group of 10-20 to take and dispose that type of rubbish after the party is over.

If there was a room in a cars to take all that packages full sure it is to take them home empty.

i love this hobby and i love nature and all creature created to be there.They all have a role to play and they were put there for a reason.

These people dont love noone.I wish they get fined and made go back to clean up their mess.

Very disappointing.

GoldEN

• Like 1