Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Beach Finds 11-02-18 Silver And Lots Of Coins

This is my second hunt for this month , my first was on the 5th when i had £8.01p and the beach was mostly quiet for finds due to the depth of sand and stones on the beaches.

Today i went for a 9am start and worked the tide out , its a very short tide and i didn't expect much though there was a bit of bad weather last week and on Friday i had a dodgy gut so couldn't make then and yesterday i was busy. 

I travelled a long way West which is what i have been doing for a while now and walking all the way back to the center of the City . As soon as i got there and saw the beach i thought something was different . It was good and then i saw holes , damn i thought i have missed it all . I know of 1 other detectorist that works that part of the beach and he uses a CTX . I took my Explorer 11 . I got started and within a few minutes i was hitting coins , he missed many ! So started what i call carpet bombing the beach as when i look back it looks like i have bombed the Hell out of it with hole marks all over the place.

For the first quarter mile i was digging more crap that good targets but as i got nearer to my usual hot spots that changed and my targets were getting close to 90% good targets with coins every few feet at times . By the time i got to my main beaches i thought i was going to see the finds rate drop like it has for the last couple of months there but it didn't and in places i was finding more and with less than an hour left for me to search i found a Silver ring my third for the year and then the coins kept coming . Till i got to a new wooden groin that has been put in then it all went quiet , at the same time i saw a man with XP ADX 150 i think it was or something like that and i thought right its time for food and home . When i got to the top of that part of the beach i looked over the concrete groin and saw my mate Allan with his Fisher 1236 and chatted to him for a bit , i showed my finds to him and said he should go to the beaches i have searched and use his smaller coil to cane the beach further . There are lots of nails all over the place and it makes thing hard . After raiding a shop for some food and drink i got the Bus home . I finished the search at around 2.30pm .

My total for today were the Silver ring , a large pre Decimal Penny and 2 pre Decimal Half Pennies , a 1 Euro , 2 other Foreign coins and £68.56p in spendable coinage including 23 old style £1 coins that aren't legal tender now but can be banked into my account .

I am in 2 minds about tomorrow but i might get a call from my dealer about the Equinox and want to be ready to go and collect it so Wednesday might be my next day out . And that will be with the Explorer 11 as well . Till i have sussed the Equinox and settings i wont shove into the breach my dear friends .

Both pictures of both searches for this month so far.

8) £8.01p FOUND 05-02-18 E. 11.JPG

9) £68.56p FOUND 11-02-18 E. 11.JPG

• Like 4

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Thank for sharing Nuke em.

Btw, I got the privilege of living in your lovely country back in 2001-2003.

I was a dartaholic and English pool addict back then.

This yank really put pressure on players over there.  They couldn't figure out where I come from.

They hadn't seen many yanks who could, throw darts and play pool like I did.  Some great memories from my stay there.  Two things I didn't  like- driving on the wrong side of the road and your lovely VAT. 

7 hours ago, Ringmoney said:

Nice haul Nuke, question for you, what are you doing with the old pond coins, is there a way of cashing them in. I use to love finding them over here in Ireland but now I don't know what to do with them.

Pay them into your bank account if a UK one. Or just give me them LOL

7 hours ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

Thank for sharing Nuke em.

Btw, I got the privilege of living in your lovely country back in 2001-2003.

I was a dartaholic and English pool addict back then.

This yank really put pressure on players over there.  They couldn't figure out where I come from.

They hadn't seen many yanks who could, throw darts and play pool like I did.  Some great memories from my stay there.  Two things I didn't  like- driving on the wrong side of the road and your lovely VAT. 

We think the same as you about driving on the wrong side of the road . Very dangerous practices you foreigners have :biggrin: . I would be all over the show trying to get round you all !

As for this Country . Its ........... and i dont mean by Brexit , by to many elitist scumbags out to make money off its back .

If your a patriot here you are weird and racist . Sorry for the Politics but its true and the young have fallen for the con hook line and sinker .

Good grace thats a good haul!!!!!!!!Went Sat for 3.5hours i was dredged sanded exhausted and i found.......................10p

RR

42 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

Good grace thats a good haul!!!!!!!!Went Sat for 3.5hours i was dredged sanded exhausted and i found.......................10p

RR

I went back today for a while at mid day and found another £10.48p and a 1892 Victoria Shilling .

Thats me done for the week . Work tomorrow and Wednesday at my dealer to pick up my first of two Equinox 800 then its work till Sunday . Roll on Sunday , back to the beach with my Explorer 11 . Its like a damned Vulcan or to Americans B52 on the beach .

10) £10.48p FOUND 12-02-18 E. 11.JPG

1 hour ago, Nuke em said:

I went back today for a while at mid day and found another £10.48p and a 1892 Victoria Shilling .

Thats me done for the week . Work tomorrow and Wednesday at my dealer to pick up my first of two Equinox 800 then its work till Sunday . Roll on Sunday , back to the beach with my Explorer 11 . Its like a damned Vulcan or to Americans B52 on the beach .

10) £10.48p FOUND 12-02-18 E. 11.JPG

Well done i am in London larking tmw and Wed then hit kent coast again from thursday hopefully with more luck........................

RR