Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

3 Hours At The Beach With The Equinox 800

Thegoldenone

4 hours ago, Toddbbq said:

Here is my hunt from this A.M. 5 rings Tung. Titanium, Alum. Brass and 14.7g of Silver. Notice all of the Micro targets.

3-3-2018.jpg

Nice morning hunt! yeah I had a bunch of that micro stuff too, some of it I couldn't find kept slipping through the scoop.

How is your Beach is it clean not so much trash and junk?

Jason

3 hours ago, strick said:

"The lower shaft fills up with water"

I've always said that going to college for 10 years made me loose a lot of my common sense...but I still find it hard to believe that the engineers at Minelab built a waterproof detector and forgot to make the lower shaft drain properly :biggrin: LMAO   guess I'll be drilling a hole too!

strick  

My thought on it is they never had a real water Hunter testing the machine for them in the water!

Hey Minelab I'll volunteer to test your machines in salt water! I live on a sailboat and I'm surrounded by salt water 24/7! Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thegoldenone said:

My thought on it is they never had a real water Hunter testing the machine for them in the water!

Hey Minelab I'll volunteer to test your machines in salt water! I live on a sailboat and I'm surrounded by salt water 24/7! Lol

They make a frikken Dive Machine (Excal II) so I find this hard to believe, but, hey, facts don't lie.

10 hours ago, Thegoldenone said:

Nice morning hunt! yeah I had a bunch of that micro stuff too, some of it I couldn't find kept slipping through the scoop.

How is your Beach is it clean not so much trash and junk?

Jason

I hunted just the dry and wet sand. lots of getting out my carrot stick pin pointer. The beach is pretty clean as every day at least 2 to 10 detectorist hit it.

ML didnt have a problem with me using Epoxy ........ but they did frown on bedliner on the coils.    The problem with metal flakes in something like bedliner.... you wont notice it because it moves with the coil..... but you can loose depth.   We used to use SS bolts to connect the lower shaft....... didnt notice them at all.   It wasnt just the price of the bolts, but they found they could reduce sensitivity or blank areas under the bolt.

• Like 2