Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Detech Coils For Minelab Sd, Gp, And GPX

Good to hear of your positive experience Dale. I have a couple DeTech coils but never used one on my Minelabs. We can certainly use some price competition in accessory coils for the Minelab PI detectors so the more the merrier. We do not hear too much about these because so many dealers are already heavily invested in Nugget Finder or Coiltek.

Its a pity they never made a 14in mono coil for the GPX, I'd have bought one straight away as the 14in is the best all round coil for the 5k.

• Like 3

14" is that sweet size, the allrounder, I don`t think it was just a coincidence the GPZ came with a 14", Minelab knows.

• Like 1

Its a pity they never made a 14in mono coil for the GPX, I'd have bought one straight away as the 14in is the best all round coil for the 5k.

I was thinking the very same last night, even better they made one for the tdi. I have being looking for a 14" for my tdi but by the time you get one shipped from the US to Europe and put customs duties on top they are just to pricey.

I was thinking the very same last night, even better they made one for the tdi. I have being looking for a 14" for my tdi but by the time you get one shipped from the US to Europe and put customs duties on top they are just to pricey.

The best all-round oil for the tdi would be a smaller one like 11in mono as it is not as sensitive to small gold nuggets as a gpx5000.

All detectors have different coils that are best in all-round performance you need to learn about your machine.

If you are using it for treasure in europe I would consider a larger coil like the 18 x 15in sef.

A larger dd coil on a pulse induction detector is deadly on hammered coins and large deep items in europe.

14" is that sweet size, the allrounder, I don`t think it was just a coincidence the GPZ came with a 14", Minelab knows.

I've been hammering any minelab guys that I meet for years with that info and 100's of other suggestions that I have to improve their detectors.

Ya never know, I'm planting seeds at every opportunity I get.

• Like 1

The best all-round oil for the tdi would be a smaller one like 11in mono as it is not as sensitive to small gold nuggets as a gpx5000.

All detectors have different coils that are best in all-round performance you need to learn about your machine.

If you are using it for treasure in europe I would consider a larger coil like the 18 x 15in sef.

A larger dd coil on a pulse induction detector is deadly on hammered coins and large deep items in europe.

No I would intend using it on wet sand beaches for gold rings, so what would you recommend?

I've been hammering any minelab guys that I meet for years with that info and 100's of other suggestions that I have to improve their detectors.

Ya never know, I'm planting seeds at every opportunity I get.

I think in the GPZ at least, you can see that they listen to input from users, and JP in particular apparently. I guess they have a lot of filtering input from OZ forums. Hopefully my input in making the GPS on the GPZ and CTX more functional and not relying on mapping internet.

Dale, I know you have stated you would never use the GPS on your GPZ or CTX, but would you consider using it if you had Oziexplorer on it rather than have to go through the internet to google earth?