Rolling Back To 0.71 Killed My Ws6 Puck

Just a heads up that when trying to roll back to 0.71, my ws6 froze and now the screen wont turn on. 

I know many of you have liked the update but it has been nothing but crap for me and I'm not looking forward to buying a new ws6. Im hoping theyll warranty it but the phone number listed for warranty info says to email only.  Really sub par customer service!

• Oh my! 1

Don't worry, they will warranty it. But first, just to save you a lot of trouble. If you purchased it from a brick and Mortar,  Contact them fitst. They will handle the repair/ warranty or direct you to the nearest distributor to ship it off to. If you bought it online, look up the distributor closest to you. It will be days before you get a response from XP directly. 

• Like 1

Try Detector Electronics in Massachusetts.... I think they are XP US distributors 

Most likely the headphone unit is frozen, wait a few days (usually up to 2 days) until the battery runs out, then charge it. It should work. Or as an option is to disassemble and reconnect the battery (just remove the battery plug and wait a few minutes and then put it back in)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/24/2023 at 2:18 AM, AsviS said:

Most likely the headphone unit is frozen, wait a few days (usually up to 2 days) until the battery runs out, then charge it. It should work. Or as an option is to disassemble and reconnect the battery (just remove the battery plug and wait a few minutes and then put it back in)

I fallen is same situation, the update screen still on my ws6 puck, the USB connection disconnected when the update erase the puck.  

5 hours ago, Timmysys said:

I fallen is same situation, the update screen still on my ws6 puck, the USB connection disconnected when the update erase the puck.  

let the battery go completely dead, then reconnect and try to update

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ecoast said:

let the battery go completely dead, then reconnect and try to update

Fortunately, it was solved. On another computer, after several attempts, the connection was not lost. I think the cause of the problem is the poor quality USB connector on the transmitter. All my cables are very loosely connected. 🤞

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

If WS6 froze - remove both screws under the easy-to-remove label and disconnect the mainboard from the battery.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried that with mine, removed two screws, saw small 2 wire connection (red/blk) right below the display, pulled the plug, waited a few seconds, reconnected, still will not turn off/reset! Display continues to show "UPDATE". Is there another connection I am not seeing as the board is well seated in the case?