• Computerized on-the-fly target depth indicator
  • 7 kHz frequency
  • 3 levels of adjustable sensitivity
  • 4 LCD target icons
  • 4 unique digital audio tones
  • Lightweight, compact and ergonomically designed
  • Constructed from rugged impact resistance ABS plastic
  • Weather proof 6” search coil
  • Operates on single 9V battery (not included)
  • 2.7 lbs
  • Manufacturer’s 1-Year Warranty
  • MSRP $99.99

A nice $89 Christmas option if you are looking for a solid but simple to operate detector. For those wanting more ability to adjust with more detailed target id information plus more depth see the really great deal right now for $99 on the Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 at Costco. That detector may actually have too many adjustments for a beginner, especially a younger person, and so the Mach 1 may be a better choice for many people. I like the ergonomic and clean snag free hidden cable design, much more professional looking compared to many of the toys sold for under $100. See the Mach 1 vs Viewee video below for a good illustration of what I am talking about.

Bounty Hunter Mach 1 Product Video

Mach 1 vs Viewee video below

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I’m assuming none of you detector power junkies have sprung for one of these yet? For $86 it’s not a bad option as a kids starter detector, without getting too cute about it.

I imagine this detector blows away the Coinmaster 4 that I started with almost 50 years ago. :smile: I paid $200 for that detector back when money was worth something, and it had no ground balance, no discrimination... no anything really, except it went beep on metal a few inches deep.

• Like 1

At least when a lot of us started, a simple beep detector would find silver! Now it's almost nonexistent! (Unless your Simon!) Ahh, the good old days, when life was simpler, and we were younger!!???

8 hours ago, PimentoUK said:

That publicity photo showing it identifying " low conducter" isn't very inspiring. Lern to spel proply.

Clearly you're not from Texas.  ?

• Haha 1