Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Two More 14k Bands For The Fisher Impulse AQ

15 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

....I hunt with my eyes closed a good part of the time I am hunting.... 

And that one statement tells me volumes.  I don't need to say it but, "And may the Force be with you!".

• Like 1

Only bands and no trash?  You should teach the grandsons that!  Forget about school.  What you have to teach them is better.

I now have both of the books (ordered the 1st one 1982) Diamonds in the Surf The Second Adventure (1983).  The part I have read so far is very much of a 'how to do it' type of book I wish I had seen years ago.  They share a lot of info.

Mitchel

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Only bands and no trash?  You should teach the grandsons that!  Forget about school.  What you have to teach them is better.

I now have both of the books (ordered the 1st one 1982) Diamonds in the Surf The Second Adventure (1983).  The part I have read so far is very much of a 'how to do it' type of book I wish I had seen years ago.  They share a lot of info.

Mitchel

I should teach them but unfortunately they seem to have other interest.

Yes those books were classics...Those books started a metal detecting revolution in this area. Sad both have now passed .

J.R.jpg

Is that you Joe?

34 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Is that you Joe?

Not me, but let it be known Frank passed about 10 years ago and I was able to acquire some of his research on the Chesapeake Bay, Thanks to his daughter. She was in the process of selling the home in Glen Burnie and I got up the nerve to stop and say hi..and she was kind enough to give me a box of pictures, papers, notes and maps. I think Bob passed in the 90's if I remember correct.

And Many Thanks to everyone for the kind words, Be Safe and stay Healthy!  Good Luck also if you get a chance to hit the beach..?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1