Keene Pump Specs?

Anyone know or have a resource for older Keene pump specs. I am looking to put together another dredge and have lots of pumps and motors that I could use just not sure of the outputs with various hp engine set ups.

Also I have not been impressed with the Keene triple sluice. Seems it is needlessly complex and heavy Anyone use a double sluice?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Steve, I have two older Keene pumps and I am not sure what size they are. P100-P104????

One is a 2 1/4 in and 1 3/4 out. The second is 1 1/2 in and 1 1/4 out.

Keene's current catalog shows the different pump/engine/GPM and head pressure for the current models P180,P160.

I suppose I am wanting an older Keene catalog that gives the specs on discontinued models. Or maybe ???

LipCa, I have a new triple on my four inch and that is what I am referring to.

I built a four sub surface a wile back and I love it. Last summer I ran it next to my four inch surface dredge and after comparing the two I decided the subbie is a better dredge.

Packing in the surface dredge is prohibitive. But I want more production for weekend prospecting

so I am looking to get a five or six setup.

I did find a six inch dredge tube but that with a 6 hp P180 set up was not impressive so I think I want a surface setup but now that I am spoiled I want it to be light weight.

Looking at all six inch set ups today they are heavy and I am thinking an older unit with a single or double sluice would help cut weight. Also looking at a crash box verse a flair.

So I am hoping I will get feed back from others that have run the older stuff as to what they liked - disliked.

Thanks.

Steve, I think in my mind at least I am wanting to put a six inch sluice with a crash box on a four inch float/frame set up with twin 6 HP P180.

My thought is I can cut the sluice to half the length add new matting shorten the jet system and end up with a light weight high production dredge.

You had a dredge with a Marlex jet/flair. Do you think it has any benefit in my project?

Thanks.

Simplistically dredges are just a trade between weight/compactness and fine gold recovery. You have to find the balance that works best both for you and your gold deposit.

In Alaska for short term operations I preferred light weight and simplicity. But the longer the dredge stays in one location, the less weight matters, and the more important fine gold recovery becomes.

A crash box design is nice for simplicity and compactness. However, you use up half the riffles just getting things to settle down. Adding a flare just allows things to settle down before getting to the riffles. But now the whole setup is a third again as long.

I don't look at stuff like this as a right way or a wrong way but just trying to figure out what works best for each person and their particular situation.

Twin P180 pumps will drive a 6"" did it a lot myself, but it is borderline and so keeping the sluice at waterline is critical to minimizing lift. Every inch of vertical lift robs power fast.

Well, still not sure what the specs question is. Almost all Keene pumps for decades used a 3-4HP 5/8" threaded shaft P-100 variant, a 5-6HP 5/8" threaded shaft P-150/P-180 variant, an 8-10HP 1" threaded shaft P-200 variant, and a 11-16HP 1" threaded shaft P-300 variant. In more recent years they really started messing things up by throwing keyway shafts into the mix, making it harder to get correct parts. Someday I am going to put together some historical info on all this that I have in a decent form on my website because it is hard information to make sense out of and not a lot of info available on old stuff. Anyway, here is a 2006 chart to get the ball rolling.

keene-pump-chart-2016-catalog-specifications.jpg
Keene 2006 pumps and engines chart

And an example parts breakdown. All the threaded shaft models were similar. Big thing to know - shaft is reverse thread. The impeller screws onto the shaft. I sold a few impellers to people who put pullers on them and split the impeller in half!

keene-p100-p180-pump-servicing-page-3-of-3.jpg
Keene P100 and P180 pump diagram & installation instructions