Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

7 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

Writing of any sort is hard work. Writing historically accurately adds to the difficulty.
You obviously put a lot of time and thought into your journal and hooked a bunch of us.

thanks...

Thank you. What I had when I started this was the government report where several pages were devoted to the miner and his gold strike. I had no idea where I would take it and there was no outline. I put myself in the place of the miner and how things might have happened. I would just wait for the next journal entry idea to pop into my head. It was a day to day thing. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I left a lot of room for speculation about who killed Jed and what season two will be like. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, NWPROSP said:

Thank you GM for a fantastic ride.  Wish you all the best.  Looking forward to a new story.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. 

1 hour ago, GhostMiner said:

Thank you. What I had when I started this was the government report where several pages were devoted to the miner and his gold strike. I had no idea where I would take it and there was no outline. I put myself in the place of the miner and how things might have happened. I would just wait for the next journal entry idea to pop into my head. It was a day to day thing. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I left a lot of room for speculation about who killed Jed and what season two will be like. 

You did a great job Ghost Miner ?.

• Thanks 1

Great job G M, Thanks for all the work you did in creating a wonderful adventure.

Mike

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MikeT said:

Great job G M, Thanks for all the work you did in creating a wonderful adventure.

Mike

Thanks. Just got back from a long run. It's nice to read all the great comments. Now you can read the book uninterrupted.

4 minutes ago, GhostMiner said:

Thanks. Just got back from a long run. It's nice to read all the great comments. Now you can read the book uninterrupted.

I'm already into it. Reading an average of about a month every day. It's an even better read when it's uninterrupted. Reading it this way is like actually being there and part of the adventure.

Mike

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

LOST GOLD AT THE DEAD MAN’S MINE

SEASON TWO

April 6   1937

My name is Jacob Stevens. My older brother Jed started our mining project and was murdered last year. His gold that he worked so hard for is gone. I have had no luck in finding the filthy scum who killed him. If I ever do, they will pay dearly. My brother was a hero to me and was responsible for our gold mining success. We were able to find the journal he kept and it is in my possession now. I have what possessions he left behind. His truck, camping gear, all of the mining equipment, and some odds and ends. Seeing as he kept a journal of the activities here I feel it is now my duty to continue the journal so everything that happens here is documented.

Jed and Whisky Jack believed there is still a great deal of gold remaining to be mined on the claims. I am taking on all mining responsibilities for this season and I have a good crew ready. They are hard workers and battle tested. I am not expecting an easy time of it as we have made enemies. However, I will not let that stop us from achieving our dreams of gold and riches. The mining crew will be made up of Will, John, Hudson,and me. Sarge and Ben have committed to working security for the entire season. I have arrived at the claims ahead of the crew and the rest of them will be here tomorrow. I will be staying in town tonight and when the crew arrives we will set up our camp and mining equipment. I want to make my brother proud. It is going to be very hard to get used to working without him here. It will be hard for all of us. May God be with us.

TO BE CONTINUED .................

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Oh my! 1