Deus 2 And Nox Emi

midalake

OK, I am getting little hints that the Deus 2 may be more sensitive/affected by EMI?  So the question is:  Which machine can run hotter in EMI? Please no speculation. Only users that have tested both machines in a known EMI spot. Especially beach modes.

I am not talking about how the Equinox and Deus2 react with each other. I am asking about EMI from power sources and telecommunication equipment.    

Thanks

5 hours ago, midalake said:

OK, I am getting little hints that the Deus 2 may be more sensitive/affected by EMI?  So the question is:  Which machine can run hotter in EMI? Please no speculation. Only users that have tested both machines in a known EMI spot. Especially beach modes. Thanks

Calabash Digger and others have shown the Deus 2 is excellent at handling bad EMI. The EMI issue what CB and others have shown is that the Deus 2 and Nox machines do not play well together. A video was shown that when a Nox was near a Deus the Deus stopped functioning altogether. Others on the Nox side stated similar. Mine will be in my hands this weekend and I will do some radical EMI testing around electrical substations and electric railroad switches and lines. I will try to post videos here or on YouTube.

Cheers

1 hour ago, mudwhale said:

Calabash Digger and others have shown the Deus 2 is excellent at handling bad EMI.

This is not true. I have heard the Deus2 in his vids struggle. The key is what sensitivity and depth with the same conditions?

Also, just because a detector can silence EMI, does not equate to it working better.  

Quite frankly I am appalled at anyone testing both detectors, keeping them both on. Closer then 100' apart. 

Third- Quality headphones are the decider of how the machine works. NOT the machine on speaker.  

33 minutes ago, midalake said:

This is not true. I have heard the Deus2 in his vids struggle. The key is what sensitivity and depth with the same conditions?

Also, just because a detector can silence EMI, does not equate to it working better.  

Quite frankly I am appalled at anyone testing both detectors, keeping them both on. Closer then 100' apart. 

Third- Quality headphones are the decider of how the machine works. NOT the machine on speaker.  

Calabash has shown he has very bad EMI where he lives. I never said that because he can make it quieter that depth doesn't suffer. Yes, keeping both on is a mistake but initially, who knew? That's just his video. There are many more videos that show Deus 2 works well in EMI. Like I said I will test EMI and post here.

13 minutes ago, mudwhale said:
14 minutes ago, mudwhale said:

Yes, keeping both on is a mistake but initially, who knew?

I knew.

14 minutes ago, mudwhale said:

Calabash has shown he has very bad EMI where he lives. I never said that because he can make it quieter that depth doesn't suffer.

Thanks for speculating. 

Wife and I were hunting side by side her with Deus 2 and I with nox 800 all afternoon. Her not knowing the vdi numbers on her new unit would have me check them with nox. Never had any issues, some of the targets were deep such as a small  d- buckle around 8 to 10 inches. Dont remember what # she was coming up with but was hitting nox at 24-26.  Checking back and forth both hitting it solid and we were side by side.  We did this several times and neither detector ever blanked out.  Maybe just lucky and will have to keep a watch on it but so far no problems.

4 hours ago, mudwhale said:

Calabash Digger and others have shown the Deus 2 is excellent at handling bad EMI. The EMI issue what CB and others have shown is that the Deus 2 and Nox machines do not play well together. A video was shown that when a Nox was near a Deus the Deus stopped functioning altogether. Others on the Nox side stated similar. Mine will be in my hands this weekend and I will do some radical EMI testing around electrical substations and electric railroad switches and lines. I will try to post videos here or on YouTube.

Cheers

I can't wait for that test. Those trains are killers to depth. I spent all day today  hunting at a beach where the train is within 30 feet. If you get a chance to bury something while the tracks are not as active, and then as they are active, it would be interesting to see how much loss there is. If you are testing the same rail as I hunt, I'll be shocked if you can get that machine silent.

20 hours ago, midalake said:

I knew.

Thanks for speculating. 

You are welcome. As I stated, I am going to test the Deus 2 around WereWolf EMI areas we have here. I'm going to start a detecting YouTube channel so I can put the videos there. I already have a Motorcycle channel but don't want to pollute it with metal detecting stuff