Deus 2 And Nox Emi

midalake

19 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I can't wait for that test. Those trains are killers to depth. I spent all day today  hunting at a beach where the train is within 30 feet. If you get a chance to bury something while the tracks are not as active, and then as they are active, it would be interesting to see how much loss there is. If you are testing the same rail as I hunt, I'll be shocked if you can get that machine silent.

Thank you.

You know the line. It's the shoreline running along the CT coast from NYC to Boston. There are other spots like the power generating stations in Bridgeport and Stratford CT. I will test Active vs Inactive as you requested. 👍

I'm going to start a metal detecting YouTube channel so I can put the videos there. I already have a Motorcycle channel, "TTRGUY",  but don't want to pollute it with metal detecting.

3 minutes ago, mudwhale said:

Thank you.

You know the line. It's the shoreline running along the CT coast from NYC to Boston. There are other spots like the power generating stations in Bridgeport and Stratford CT. I will test Active vs Inactive as you requested. 👍

I'm going to start a metal detecting YouTube channel so I can put the videos there. I already have a Motorcycle channel, "TTRGUY",  but don't want to pollute it with metal detecting.

Yep, It gave us issues in Fairfield CT while I was doing a metal detecting project there, and also in eastern CT as well, where I usually am detecting. Some machines can cover the EMI, but never totally.  Depth drops by at least 30% from what I can tell.

• The title was changed to Deus 2 And Nox Emi
On 2/10/2022 at 10:19 AM, midalake said:

OK, I am getting little hints that the Deus 2 may be more sensitive/affected by EMI?  So the question is:  Which machine can run hotter in EMI? Please no speculation. Only users that have tested both machines in a known EMI spot. Especially beach modes.

I am not talking about how the Equinox and Deus2 react with each other. I am asking about EMI from power sources and telecommunication equipment.    

Thanks

On 2/10/2022 at 8:13 PM, schoolofhardNox said:

I can't wait for that test. Those trains are killers to depth. I spent all day today  hunting at a beach where the train is within 30 feet. If you get a chance to bury something while the tracks are not as active, and then as they are active, it would be interesting to see how much loss there is. If you are testing the same rail as I hunt, I'll be shocked if you can get that machine silent.

I have my YouTube channel set up and will make some videos when the weather gets a little better here in CT. 

HH

In my tests, the Deus can run hotter in EMI. Basically it can be screaming like a pig from EMI but as soon as it detects something its BING BING BING. The Equinox is a cold detector and so has problems. The Deus is a hot detector like the Anfibio. From my experience, the Deus is a configurable multi-frequency Anfibio.

1 hour ago, shopkins1994 said:

The Equinox is a cold detector and so has problems.

Do you have a 600?  I ask because the Nox 800 certainly is NOT cold in gold modes.

Re the D2, it certainly gets chatty in high EMI in the FMF modes, but you can hear/differentiate target signals IF you have a lot of patience and are used to running in multi/full tones with no disc or other filtering.  But if I want to quiet the D2 down to alleviate noise fatigue, I find I am pushing sensitivity way down.  Lower than I would have to with Nox.  In that case I just switch the D2 to mono and in my worst EMI experience to date, 20 khz is the sweet spot for balancing noise and sensitivity.  I can easily live with that setup configuration compromise if its what has to be done enable me to detect under those conditions.

23 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

In that case I just switch the D2 to mono and in my worst EMI experience to date, 20 khz is the sweet spot for balancing noise and sensitivity.  I can easily live with that setup configuration compromise if its what has to be done enable me to detect under those conditions.

When I've had uncancellable EMI problems with the Eqx, {10 kHz, 15 kHz, 20 kHz} were typically the quiet single frequencies.  When especially bad broadband noise, the higher among those the better.  EMI problems seemed to be worst before the 2.x update.  And the 3.x update included 4 kHz which also turns out to be quiet often when multifrequency isn't.  (That was as advertised.)  If EMI isn't too bad, multiple detectors (including single frequency units) can operate when swung, much less noticeable than when held still.  Of course in those cases when you stop to dig the target, the sounds can drive you batty!

Now that I've found out about silent EMI, though, I'm wondering what I may be losing even after a successful Eqx noise cancel.... 

(Not meaning to hijack this thread, but it sounded like the two detectors are exhibiting similar problems & solutions.)

Ok, This video is NOT about the EMI videos I promised you gents but it's a video of a short hunt on one of the most pounded colonial sites here in CT. I just went for fun to shoot a video for my new YouTube channel as a test. The EMI videos will come when the ground thaws here. At the bottom right click the gear icon, select quality then 1080P. Some how YouTube defaults new videos to the lowest quality 360P.

1 hour ago, mudwhale said:

...a video of a short hunt on one of the most pounded colonial sites here in CT.

Doesn't a $1 USA gold coin ring up 46??   😁