3 Ring Circus At The Park With The Deus 2

abenson

Headed to Southern Utah for the weekend to get out of the snow. There's an older city park near by so I decided to take the Deus 2 out for a few hours. I remember now why I don't park hunt that much. Kids circle around you like vultures waiting for dinner. It's a down right circus with them reaching in to grab your finds. Got to be quick and grab them before they do. I try to be nice but man does it get annoying sometimes.

I hate to harp about the EMI. But I had major problems with it again today. Ran the Deus 2 in Park, sensitivity to 80 and even that wasn't low enough sometimes. Audio response at 2 and recovery at 2.5 was about the best I could do. Also, moved my tone break up to 80 for the 3rd tone. Really kills the depth having to run like that. But what do you do. If I wanted to fiddle with it constantly I could have run the sensitivity up in some places. But i just figured I'd leave it alone and hunt. Most stuff I dug was 4" or less in depth. I started out digging everything in the gold ring range and gave up on that after about 40 pull tabs. So then just concentrated on the nickels and higher coins. Dug a bottle cap, I was pretty sure that's what it was going to be but wanted to confirm what they sound like. Didn't dig any nickels, everything that fell in that ID range ended up being a pull tab.

But overall I can't complain. Nice sunny day in the mid 50's and ended up with 3 rings. 2 are silver the other is probably a junker but it's pretty with the red heart shaped stone/glass. Found a bunch of clad, gave most of it away and an aviation token of some kind.

20220226_195205.thumb.jpg.a2691afb5e0cfd3fa6a15c286ff01fa4.jpg

6 minutes ago, abenson said:

Headed to Southern Utah for the weekend to get out of the snow. There's an older city park near by so I decided to take the Deus 2 out for a few hours. I remember now why I don't park hunt that much. Kids circle around you like vultures waiting for dinner. It's a down right circus with them reaching in to grab your finds. Got to be quick and grab them before they do. I try to be nice but man does it get annoying sometimes.

I hate to harp about the EMI. But I had major problems with it again today. Ran the Deus 2 in Park, sensitivity to 80 and even that wasn't low enough sometimes. Audio response at 2 and recovery at 2.5 was about the best I could do. Also, moved my tone break up to 80 for the 3rd tone. Really kills the depth having to run like that. But what do you do. If I wanted to fiddle with it constantly I could have run the sensitivity up in some places. But i just figured I'd leave it alone and hunt. Most stuff I dug was 4" or less in depth. I started out digging everything in the gold ring range and gave up on that after about 40 pull tabs. So then just concentrated on the nickels and higher coins. Dug a bottle cap, I was pretty sure that's what it was going to be but wanted to confirm what they sound like. Didn't dig any nickels, everything that fell in that ID range ended up being a pull tab.

But overall I can't complain. Nice sunny day in the mid 50's and ended up with 3 rings. 2 are silver the other is probably a junker but it's pretty with the red heart shaped stone/glass. Found a bunch of clad, gave most of it away and an aviation token of some kind.

20220226_195205.thumb.jpg.a2691afb5e0cfd3fa6a15c286ff01fa4.jpg

Nice finds.

Park and Deep HC are really close in depth if you open them up. But Deep HC is more stable. This is the way it is for me anyway. I dug a measured 13 inch case shot today using Deep HC. I tried hunting in Park but there was too much chatter. I was hunting with two other friends. I will try it again when hunting alone away from EMI because I believe it is slightly deeper, when tweaked correctly. 

Three rings and a token is a great day in my book, well done! Taming the D2 in hot ground looks like a challenge, but you're still making finds so I have no doubt you'll get there. Thanks for your straight forward reports.

I'm real worried about the chatter. I finally had to sell both of D1's because they just plane sucked for too much chatter. I tried everything and never could settle it down no matter where I was detecting. Watching all these D2 videos it does seem much better so I HOPE so or I'll be selling it pretty quickly. Is it much quieter than the D1 ya'll???

1 hour ago, martygene said:

I'm real worried about the chatter. I finally had to sell both of D1's because they just plane sucked for too much chatter. I tried everything and never could settle it down no matter where I was detecting. Watching all these D2 videos it does seem much better so I HOPE so or I'll be selling it pretty quickly. Is it much quieter than the D1 ya'll???

You can tame the chatter with multiple settings. It's just something you're going to have to get used to. Thankfully I hunt remote places most of the time. But yes it's much deeper than the D1 in my ground by a good 2 inches.

On 2/27/2022 at 9:32 PM, martygene said:

Yes, is much quieter. I’m sorry about that because I like D1 chatter. Anyway I agree with abenson, D2 seems to be much deeper. I’d like to do an extreme depth test on mild soil..

Well done abenson, great finds!

I let both my deus and orx go because of interference in my area. Some days it wasn't so bad and some days nothing worked other than dialing it back and getting sub par performance. 

You gotta wonder if all the wireless functions and separate power sources(batteries) are opening the door for more interference?