Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Coiltek Goldhawk Is Impressive On My Gpx-6000

On 2/8/2024 at 9:37 AM, phrunt said:

I haven't used it since, I've just got too many coils and detectors and not enough time in the gold fields to use them all ? I use the ones I think will find me the most gold on the given day and with small gold being the most common the 14x9" doesn't suit my area as well as the 10x5", although I may have the wrong mindset and be missing the deeper bits by doing so, but I just like going home with something in my gold bottle and the 10x5" is more likely to do that for me ?

Thanks. I wonder why 12x7 is more popular than 14x9?

47 minutes ago, Ethan in Adelaide said:

Thanks. I wonder why 12x7 is more popular than 14x9?

More sensitive to smaller gold.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Adelaide said:

is 14x9 the similar quieter than 11 stock coil just like 12x9 does?

14x9" is more stable than the stock 11" coil.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I like the 10x5 that I purchased from Gerry a lot but I sold my 14x9 (bought it used from the DP classifieds). The 14x9  is a very sensitive coil for small stuff and depth, but I didn’t end up keeping it because it just felt heavy, especially compared with the other Aussie brand‘s similarly sized larger elliptical coil (which I really like for its light weight and sensitivity).  The 10x5 is a very good coil though and I am thrilled with it- sensitive, light weight, and its size makes it able to cover closely around rocks and trash, and under bushes.

The 10x5" is my favourite coil on the GPX 6000 as I do tend to find mostly smaller gold although perhaps if I stuck with the 11" I may find more deeper bigger stuff ?

It's followed by the stock 11", the 11" disadvantage is it's a bit more of a noisy coil but deeper than the 10x5", 12x9, and 14x9" as the gold increases in size.  The 10x5" is more sensitive than the 12x7", a noticeable amount too, the 14x9" of course is less sensitive than both being larger.  It's all relative to size, no big surprises.   The 14x9" is deeper than the smaller coils as you would expect.    The biggest surprise is how good the 11" is on tiny gold for the size of it, they really did a good job of the stock 11" coil in that regard.

As someone that's used a bucket load of coils you can get a pretty good feel how a coil will be before even getting it.

Coiltek seem remarkably good at making 10x5" coils, for the GPX and Equinox they've made really good 10x5" coils.