Reports On MX Sport Firmware Update - Post Here

Guest Paul (Ca)

Roughwater

I thank you for your input and I hope others step in like the guy you know. On all my air test I wouldn't call the depth good and in the ground it's going to be even less.

The thing is I really didn't just have to have the waterproof part of the MXS. I do beach hunt some and i have hunted around fresh water at times. I have a true water detector that is also a PI one.

If I had it to do over again on what I know now I'd get the Makro racer 2. Don't get me wrong if they being White's can fix my problem I'm more than happy to keep it.

Thanks again

Chuck

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Don't get me wrong if they being White's can fix my problem I'm more than happy to keep it.

I suspect they will help you out.  This isn't great publicity for Whites or for the Sport.  But maybe it will help make them re-look at whatever it is that they are doing wrong. 

• Like 1

Well I sent a email to Tom and in hopes to hear from him. I'll leave it at that until I hear from him.

I've tested and posted all I done on this matter. Till then.

Chuck

To all MX Sport owners if you have a problem with the depth on your detector it's time to speak up.

Tom from Whites' called me this morning and we had a talk about the testing I've done. He said that he will talk with the powers that be and run some test himself. We went over the settings I had to be sure all was correct. With that so far so good. He will look over all the testing I posted and get back with me today.

Like I told him I'll do whatever I can on my end to solve this problem.

Again I say if you just know someone who's having depth trouble say so now. At this time I'm the only one reporting trouble with depth.

Chuck

• Like 1

Went over to Findmall and White's main forum. Paul is saying he had to sent his MXS back in again because White's had put the wrong Firmware in the first time. You may want to go read it for yourself. Paul posted this on 4-18-16.

Chuck

PS He stated he was told a few went out with the wrong firmware. One guy called in and was told there is no other update.

Have you got a Link to that thread on FM Chuck Thanks,

PS I fixed my MXT, it was one of the springs in the battery pack not sitting in the right place, I fixed that But I Bought a few spared Dry cell packs a few months back so all is good and the machine is fine No problems with the MXT,

all is well,, John

Chuck,

I spoke with Bob and a few of the other engineers here. We are hitting coins deeper in the ground than you are getting with your air tests. But your ground number (40s) is pretty hot. You might try balancing the MX Sport over a different patch or use a piece of ferrite to get the GB number closer to 70-90.

We tested the new firmware and have heard from users that confirms the update has no ill effect on depth. So you might try ground balancing the detector over milder ground, and try a slow swing over the coil with SENS set to 8 or 9 and see what happens.

Tom