Reports On MX Sport Firmware Update - Post Here

Guest Paul (Ca)

Don't worry Chuck I have my moments too, 

Just remember that some nuggets get Iron staining on them which is why you have to set the disc so it only just suits your needs and then you won't be missing much, ok

john

Chuck get a copy of Jimmy Sierras book  " Finding Gold Nuggets II" it has some good basic info without too much over kill.

well after 2 hours with it, I don't think I have tone smearing. it does have depth, found a copper cent at 7 inches, and there was a big nail right under it. so it seems that it there is trash in the hole or really close, I get a sort of short crackle sound next to the good sound. seems to work well, as an aside I'm having problems with my garret pinpointer, which is new too. and in my back yard I can't set either down to dig unless I turn them off because of the high trash scenario.:blink:

• Like 1

Gambler

It's good to see you are happy with the MX Sport. If I could get the same depth I too would be happy but that's not the case.I hope another detector will be what I've been looking for all along.

I think this is odd. I received the MXS from White's double box. Then I sent it back to get fixed and it went double box. When I got it back it was just in one box with the coil loose and no packing at all.

Chuck 

Hi chuck, I was in coin and jewelry mode. it does seem ok to me, I also tried high trash, and it works well, cuts down on all the junk sounding off. I'm going back out there this weekend and try some more stuff. I'll post when I do. good luck.

Hey Gambler

What was sensitivity setting did you have on your MXS ?

On my other post I ran my MXS like Tom wanted and that was the  sen set at 9. I know on my Eagle 2 if I get past 4 it just won't run smooth. I have at times turn up the sensitivity to 5 but have to turn it back to 4. It just better when I do.

Today I never turn it back to 4 but maybe I should have. The thing is when i couldn't detect a penny at 4 inches I had all I wanted of my MXS.

Chuck

Sometimes I have to go back and edit some things of what I said. I guess on what I was thinking  I want to say but don't get it all in. Lots of time I'll look it over and see what I left out.

The thing is this may have started out  to be a love story but it's not anymore. 

Chuck