Reports On MX Sport Firmware Update - Post Here

Guest Paul (Ca)

I had sensitivity at 8 

Gambler

Thanks for the info on the sensitivity setting. The 10 inch coil should give you great depth with the sensitivity set at the high end.I'd think you should get another 2 inches on that same coin.

The Best.

Chuck

On 4/23/2016 at 10:02 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Sometimes I have to go back and edit some things of what I said. I guess on what I was thinking  I want to say but don't get it all in. Lots of time I'll look it over and see what I left out.

The thing is this may have started out  to be a love story but it's not anymore. 

Chuck

Sorry you're having difficulties Chuck. If I understand your earlier posts you can't run detectors higher than 4 sensitivity/gain? I took my MX Sport out this weekend and was able to run it wide open the whole time. I'd guess that you have some EMI where you're running yours, but other things are possible too - bad coil maybe? But our techs check them out whenever a machine comes back. Better safe than sorry.

The real bummer is that this sounds like it's keeping you from detecting. Which is the opposite of what we want here at White's - we want people out there hitting the dirt and finding stuff. Let me know how I can help further.

On 4/23/2016 at 6:32 AM, Ridge Runner said:

Gambler

Thanks for the info on the sensitivity setting. The 10 inch coil should give you great depth with the sensitivity set at the high end.I'd think you should get another 2 inches on that same coin.

The Best.

Chuck

well my back yard has a power pole and I'm detecting under wires, so I expect it affects performance. on the upside,I was out in the garage and just for the heck of it I put a tape measure on my digging tools scale and its short a quarter inch or more. (plus I broke the handle). so my depth report is a little short. send yours back again.

Chuck, I just wanted to report my ground number is 64. I don't really know how that might affect the mxs, but I thought you might be interested . 

Gambler

Well,l my ground is milder than yours at 42 to 44. I've been waiting on a call today from White's Dist. in OK. and she said she'll call this morning .The day is not over but it's getting there.

She didn't say what she was going to call me but right now I'll take anything.haha

Report back when you can on your finds with that MXS.

Chuck

ok chuck, take care. 

Well gambler and others who are interested.

I just got off the line with this Lady from Ok. who is the distributor for White's. Now think of this I didn't buy this detector from anyone that is a dealer under them. Yet here she is doing whatever it takes to help me. I have yet to get anyone from White's that was hostile. They have got to eat humble pie each day.

Here is the news hot off the press. I've got a new MX Sport coming my way and I should have it by Friday. She has a return label from UPS in there for me.

I thank White's and Tom.plus all the people that work in one way are another to make all our dreams come true.

Chuck

typical whites customer service, glad to hear chuck. :smile: