Steve's Gold Nugget Detector Guide Update

On 1/18/2024 at 10:26 PM, Gold Catcher said:

Agreed. Imagine the 6000 with a nice submenu, all optional of course....6k and GM user profiles are different, and I think 6k customers would have expected more from their machine than what is offered, despite all the glory.

GC

On my 6000, all I really want is a manual frequency tune, a threshold control and a special timing to ignore most lead shot 😉 

• Haha 4

On 1/21/2024 at 1:44 PM, Aureous said:

On my 6000, all I really want is a manual frequency tune, a threshold control and a special timing to ignore most lead shot 😉 

It’s not unrealistic at all to have a mode that is not as sensitive to both tiny shot and hot rocks. Yeah, you’d give up some gold but it would be a great option to have. And let’s not forget a manual ground balance instead of being forced into tracking 24/7. If not a manual adjust at least just a lock function.

• Like 4

yes, the most important feature for me the GPX 6000 is missing is a ground balance lock, like Fixed on the earlier GPX, it's a major flaw in the design I think and seeing a majority of the people I've seen regularly used Fixed then it makes little sense this was overlooked.  

• Like 2

As far as VLFs, if I was helping you (Steve H) with updating this list, I would suggest adding the Nokta Legend, Equinox 900, Manticore and Deus 2 (much better with V2.0 software).

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

As far as VLFs, if I was helping you (Steve H) with updating this list, I would suggest adding the Nokta Legend, Equinox 900, Manticore and Deus 2 (much better with V2.0 software).

I’ll make a mention but once you open the gates to anything but dedicated nugget machines, well, may as list half the detectors made these days. But I will certainly point out that unless a person is a real die hard there is not as much reason to even have a single purpose detector any more, except for simplicity and focus on a single task. 

• Like 5

On 1/21/2024 at 2:47 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

And let’s not forget a manual ground balance instead of being forced into tracking 24/7. If not a manual adjust at least just a lock function.

yeah that would be handy...i'd use that feature eventually. 🤔

On 1/21/2024 at 3:56 PM, phrunt said:

yes, the most important feature for me the GPX 6000 is missing is a ground balance lock, like Fixed on the earlier GPX, it's a major flaw in the design I think and seeing a majority of the people I've seen regularly used Fixed then it makes little sense this was overlooked.  

That is one of the biggest things I like about the 24K and the Axiom, with the 24K you can either unlock it and run in tracking or lock it and let the GB stay fixed until you need to change it for the ground you are on Axiom is the same, that was one of the things with the GM1000 that I did not care for was the fact it was always tracking and personally for me I just never trusted the tracking on the GM1000, I never worked so hard with a detector trying to keep on the Ground balance which was almost a constant thing with the GM1000

• Like 2

On 1/15/2024 at 8:44 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

I'm an Alaskan living in Nevada. Looks like maybe time to update my old nugget guide........

I'm sorry to bother you but I didn't know that.. I loved in Colorado for a while but I had to leave for better work, since I've plopped me ass in Dallas Texas and I do miss the mountains, and the great weather..

• 1 month later...

Back to Steve’s comment on the GK price ! Well I was wanting a Gold machine for checking out old gold claims where I live in Arizona. The prices were too high for me with the gold monster and gold bugs. So I took a chance on the GK ! The price was right, got one ! Complicated but very good ! I can predict what the target is(Penny, nickel, dime or quarter), like it ! Gotta do your homework to figure it out. Gold is my next challenge, one step at a time !

Even found a debit card under wood chips in a kids playground ! Could have got another GK if I wasn’t honest ! Just kidding !

• Like 1

Well, at least you are honest about the credit card.. I hope you have a great time with your new toy!! I'm still trying to figure out the DFX, but thankfully I found a friend who is going to get me set in the right direction..