Mdnyc Manticore Vid

dsb

Sometimes that Cat comes across as being a half a bubble off of being plumb.However his videos are entertaing and well made.

2 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

Sometimes that Cat comes across as being a half a bubble off of being plumb.However his videos are entertaing and well made.

He's quirky but he does know his stuff. What really impresses me about him is that he isn't afraid to admit that he doesn't know everything, unlike many of the YouTube experts.  Plus his testing is actually hunting with a detector.  Novel concept, huh?

13 minutes ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

He's quirky but he does know his stuff. What really impresses me about him is that he isn't afraid to admit that he doesn't know everything, unlike many of the YouTube experts.  Plus his testing is actually hunting with a detector.  Novel concept, huh?

Well said Bill. His digging buddy Phillip the Nox is a Guru with the 800 I'm curious to see if he will upgrade to Manticore.

I like that he still has an objective perspective even after such a good hunt. He sure seems different but genuine as well.

1 hour ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Hammer meet nail. Testing is good for one thing, learning the numbers and sounds certain targets come in at. Once you have a good grasp of them you take your new detector out and go dig everything to try and confirm what you saw in the garage. Do that over and over again in as many different conditions as possible and learn your detector. Merrill seems to follow this type of testing. 

These other videos of how it handles a dime with a rusty nail at 8" with a slow swing speed on a box between a 2x4 with high EMI in hot dirt is just mind numbing. 

i know he teaches, high school i think.  It comes across in his vid's well.  Not sure what weather he's up against but hope to see a few more land vid's.  If not he will be at the beach in a parka!

that ring rang up pretty high, low 60's compared to the gold ring compilation posted earlier here. wonder what the weight is and if 14K is actually stamped on it (should be).

5 hours ago, canslawhero said:

that ring rang up pretty high, low 60's compared to the gold ring compilation posted earlier here. wonder what the weight is and if 14K is actually stamped on it (should be).

Yea it was in the 60's had a gray solder joint and was big he did not say how many grams? I did not watch the whole thing. But it makes sense to ring in the zinc penny range like it did given those factors. 

strick