Something Is Different With These!

Are they Cape pins or were they used to clean mud off the Hammer Mechanizam. Found in hut sites. French Zouaves.

9267325d0d0c58bae65f55be0d3a4c62.jpg

20221226_073710.jpg

Seen some on line that are pin back same basic design but flat.  They were associated with Texas.  But most like yours seem to be Louisiana.  I think you cornered the market on them after searching the web!  No idea about the chain unless it was issued or bought like that. 

Found in Ukraine prior to the Russian Invasion. Sevastopol French Camps. The soldier is a New York Zouve.The Cape pins have different chain attachments in the Civil War. Traded with a friend from Ukraine.

22 hours ago, dsb said:

Seen some on line that are pin back same basic design but flat.  They were associated with Texas.  But most like yours seem to be Louisiana.  I think you cornered the market on them after searching the web!  No idea about the chain unless it was issued or bought like that. 

Found in Ukraine.

George do you think these were used by most Zouave organizations in the civil war.   I think it's strange that American units picked up on the Zouave fad,  not a wet weather friendly outfit or good in the brambles.