V1.10 Beta Update Released

JCR

20 hours ago, Digalicious said:

That's why I was surprised about Herr's post. I'm thinking maybe Herr didn't do the reset, or just might need to reinstall 1.10.

I followed the correct procedure and did reset the device. But anyway, I did find what the difference was and where it came from. Version 1.10 is not less stable, I did exactly the same test as yesterday but with 1.09 now. There was no real difference in stability at high sensitivity. Single frequencies were (again) more stable and M2 turned out to be the least stable (again in my garden). But by playing with the reactivity settings, I noticed (and this was a deuh 🤪 moment ) that the higher you set the reactivity, the more "emi sensitive" the detector becomes. Lowering the reactivity improved the stability.

So, as I think I found my issue in version 1.09, I'm again going to install 1.10 v2 and do the exact same test tomorrow again. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm using the latest beta version and the falsing i'm getting is usually when there's a ton of black sand causing the detector to produce a dull sound and jump between 10 and 60. Nothing too concerning as I just ignore it and listen to sharper sounds instead.

Any of you product testers with an inside track to Nokta have any idea when v1.11 will be ready for release? 

On 2/7/2023 at 11:48 AM, Sirius said:

I'm using the latest beta version and the falsing i'm getting is usually when there's a ton of black sand causing the detector to produce a dull sound and jump between 10 and 60. Nothing too concerning as I just ignore it and listen to sharper sounds instead.

Might have an issue with dry sand. The targets either keep disappearing or they were never there to begin with. Possible falsing? 

Have you tried to use the new Ground Stability adjustment?

14 minutes ago, Sirius said:

I have not, how does it work exactly?

As you increase it, the ground response is reduced.

You have the Stability control in Beach mode & the Ground Suppression control for Park, Field & Gold field modes.  M3 also works well on the inland modes.

30 minutes ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

I'm wondering the same thing.  They locked the Beta testing on January 23rd and not it's February 9th. 

I recently sent a FB msg to Nokta asking about the status of the final build.  Their response was "soon".