V1.10 Beta Update Released

JCR

Well put, Steve.  This reminds me of some testing that I did for a manufacturer a number of years ago on a new detector.  I tried it out and it was a mess.  Couldn't locate coins at average depths, useless on a saltwater beach, you name it.  The thing didn't work.  When I reported my results the response was "well it worked in the lab!"

Uh huh.

It seems like nothing has changed.  These wood block/porch/air tests are garbage and mean nothing.  Steve's comparison to a car on blocks is spot on perfect.

As to The Legend specifically, I've used it, it works.  My only gripe is that they have over-updated the detector and there are so many shortcuts buried in the menu structure that I have to take a cheat sheet along with me to remember them all.  I hope after this latest update they just stop and move on to other detectors. 

• Like 6

So I have been running the V1.10 beta version 2 a few weeks now and it feels to me that it's a lot less stable as V 1.09. What I mean is that it gives a lot more (false) signals and noise when detecting at higher senisbility (so 25 and higher). Does anybody have that experience too? I'm thinking of reverting back to 1.09 for the moment 🤔

Herr.

I haven't seen any reports like that.

EMI is changing all the time. Are you sure it's not EMI?

You can tell if it's EMI by holding the coil away from the ground, then trying the single frequencies. If the noise stops or gets much quieter, then it's EMI.

EMI is part of the problem but not alone. Yesterday I was in the field with no EMI around and still I had to turn the sensitivity down to keep the detector quiet. Thing is, I hunted that same spot before but with verson 1.09 and didn't have that unstability.

Anyway, I'm not using the BC reject anyways (believe it or not we don't have a lot of bottlecaps here) and the IF 9 is not for me either. I'll go back to 1.09 and wait for the final version of 1.10 (or 1.11) to be available.

Reinstalled the 1.09. Tomorrow I'm doing some tests where I had the issue this afternoon. I'm curious if it will be better now 🙂

4 hours ago, HerrUU said:

So I have been running the V1.10 beta version 2 a few weeks now and it feels to me that it's a lot less stable as V 1.09. What I mean is that it gives a lot more (false) signals and noise when detecting at higher senisbility (so 25 and higher). Does anybody have that experience too? I'm thinking of reverting back to 1.09 for the moment 🤔

I have been also testing the 1.10 beta test version installed both Beta 1.10.1 and 1.10.2 I am not seeing the same thing as you, in fact I have been able to push the sensitivity up quite a few notches since installing both Beta versions

areas I once could only push the sensitivity to 15-19 I am now able to run 26-27, the ground balance on my Legend seems more stable then what it is in 1.09 (which was one of my biggest complaints) With the Legend in other versions, also I am finding the TIDs seem much more stable and the depth has increased for me, on the ground I detect, The tones also seem even more cleaner than in previous versions,even though the tones were good they just seem better to me. 

I am really liking this new 1.10 soon to be 1.11 version, my hopes are with some seeing what you are that reports to the provided email does not dumb the Legend down like they did with the Simplex from my understanding 2.77 was a good version on the Simplex and because of unstable TIDs that people reported that is why 2.78 came out everyone I have chatted with says the 2.77 was a deeper version, I do not know if this is the actual case but it is what simplex users have told me, I just hope Nokta does not do this with the Legend.

I am fortunate enough to have two Legends to allow me to do comparisons between two different versions, so I am running one with the 1.09 and the other with the Beta test version's 1.10, 1.09 is a good version but I am finding 1.10 to be even better 

These are my opinions, (on the ground I detect), But others may see something totally different on the ground they detect

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

I have been also testing the 1.10 beta test version installed both Beta 1.10.1 and 1.10.2 I am not seeing the same thing as you, in fact I have been able to push the sensitivity up quite a few notches since installing both Beta versions

I've noticed that as well. Others are reporting the same, as well as the other things you mentioned. That's why I was surprised about Herr's post. I'm thinking maybe Herr didn't do the reset, or just might need to reinstall 1.10.

On a side note, Dilek did mention that that 1.10 has "other" performance enhancements.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

I've noticed that as well. Others are reporting the same, as well as the other things you mentioned. That's why I was surprised about Herr's post. I'm thinking maybe Herr didn't do the reset, or just might need to reinstall 1.10.

On a side note, Dilek did mention that that 1.10 has "other" performance enhancements.

She is most likely referring to the AG (Audio Gain) being added to Gold Mode, The BC (Bottle Cap Rejection),

and the GS (Ground Suppression), I have been testing all of those settings especially the GS setting because of the ground I detect, I do not know if there are any other feature's that were added that were not mentioned in the feature list or not but maybe Nokta is going to add a few more features that were not mentioned in the list when 1.10 came out who knows, as I said I am really enjoying the newly added features in the 1.10, I feel that once the 1.10 is finalized as long as only a few tweaks are done with out dumbing the Legend down, I truly believe the Legend will be complete. 

There will always be those users that no matter what is done by a manufacturer they will literally pick a detector apart because those users are never satisfied with anything no matter what, you could give those users a perfect be all to end all detector and those users will still never say (good enough), Legend users are complaining now saying there is to many updates, the problem is there are those unsatisfied legend users that keep asking for more and more so Nokta keeps delivering the more and more, for me after this next update as long as nothing changes but for the good, the Legend needs no more.

Again these are my opinions and I am only one Legend user in the scheme of the whole picture.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DSMITH said:

my hopes are with some seeing what you are

Just curious, but what do you think I am? 

19 hours ago, DSMITH said:

There will always be those users that no matter what is done by a manufacturer they will literally pick a detector apart

That is the very definition of beta testing. Going through every possible setting you can and see if the changes that have been made are as they should be. If this is not supposed to be done, then don't send out a beta version. And for your info, I did not send out an email for this, I just asked the question here on a Nokta Makro Legend forum.