V1.10 Beta Update Released

JCR

The new Update is available on the Nokta website.

It has some interesting new features that should prove helpful & improve the versatility.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, JCR said:

It has some interesting new features that should prove helpful & improve the versatility.

Like, for real.

Curious to hear from anyone who has installed the 1.10 beta version and tested it out in the field? Thoughts, experiences, anticipations? I'm cooped up in the lab and am in bench-test only mode...few noticiable changes in the air test environment on my side.

I'm especially intrigued by the PARK M3 update since 1) I detect alot in parks, and 2) M3 is supposed to be good for wet soil, and 3) my area finally started getting precipitation here in Nov. and I've been rocking PARK M3 for the most part ever since the wetness.

Also quite curious about the Bottle Cap Rejection and Ground Suppressor adds. Man, also curious about the bass change in 60 tones, since that's what I've been running lately in PARK M3.

From Nokta's software update page at https://www.noktadetectors.com/metal-detector/the-legend/#yzlm_gncelleme regarding the 1.10 updates:

Updates Made:
1. M3 multi frequency in PARK mode has been updated to prevent coins from being masked by aluminum foil.

2. Bottle Cap Rejection setting has been added.
When the device is in multi frequency, select the Recovery Speed setting and press the pinpoint button. When you navigate with the right and left buttons, you will see the letters "bC" appear on the right side of the screen. You can adjust the bC value between 1-8 using the + and – buttons. When the bC is 0, it means that it is off.

3. Ground Suppressor setting has been added.
It is used to eliminate false ground signals in tough terrains. To access the setting, select the Recovery Speed setting and press the pinpoint button. When you navigate with the right and left buttons, you will see the letters "GS" appear on the right side of the screen. You can adjust the GS value between 1-8 using the + and – buttons. When the GS is 0, it means that it is off. It is recommended that you leave this setting at off position unless needed.

4. The audio emitted as the Tone Break points are changed while in 60-Tone, has been modified with increased bass.

5. Audio Gain setting has been activated in the Gold Field Mode.

6. Warning tones have been added to the buttons.
The buttons will now emit a warning tone in the following cases:
a) To indicate the minimum and maximum levels of settings.
b) When an inactive setting in a specific mode trying to be activated.

7. The brightness of the Backlight Level 1 has been reduced.

8. Bluetooth Chip Version will now be displayed.
When the Bluetooth headphones are paired with the device and the Bluetooth setting is selected, press and hold the Discrimination button. The Bluetooth chip version will be displayed in the clock section. When the button is released, the clock will be displayed again.

9. While in Automatic Ground Balance, the auto backlight will now be lit until the ground balancing is completed.

10. The loudness of the Volume Level 1 has been reduced in PARK, FIELD and BEACH modes.

11. A new level 9 has been added to the Iron Filter (IF) setting.
There has been no change to the levels 1-8. Level 9 will become handy when trying to discriminate some unwanted mid-conductors such as shotgun cartridges as iron.

12. General improvements have been implemented.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, glacialgold said:

Curious to hear from anyone who has installed the 1.10 beta version and tested it out in the field? Thoughts, experiences, anticipations? I'm cooped up in the lab and am in bench-test only mode...few noticiable changes in the air test environment on my side.

I'm especially intrigued by the PARK M3 update

The new M3 is weighted even lower than Park M1. It provides for notably better coin identification when masked by nonferrous trash, compared to M1, M2, and the previous M3. 

I haven't installed the new update yet, but my Legend has had the test version of the new M3 on it for about the last 4 months. The new M3's unmasking and separation ability is astounding...and that's not an exaggeration. Suffice to say that after using the new M3 with it's extremely low weighted SMF, it's now the only SMF mode I use for coin shooting.

• Like 3

I would recommend making notes of saved settings like Tone Breaks & C Disc notches before installing the Update & Factory Reset.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

The new M3 is weighted even lower than Park M1. It provides for notably better coin identification when masked by nonferrous trash, compared to M1, M2, and the previous M3. 

I haven't installed the new update yet, but my Legend has had the test version of the new M3 on it for about the last 4 months. The new M3's unmasking and separation ability is astounding...and that's not an exaggeration. Suffice to say that after using the new M3 with it's extremely low weighted SMF, it's now the only SMF mode I use for coin shooting.

OK, so this totally lines up with what I've been seeing with the prior 1.09 update, switching to PARK M3 once the wet season hit -- cleaner and more repeatable signals, better seperation.

If 1.10 improves, call me a happy, happy customer.

• Like 1

Being mostly a Colonial Relic and Coin Hunter, these updates should fare well for you Park Hunters. Iron filtering and ground suppressor will be something to try. Thanks for adding these Dilek and Nokta.

I am only going to comment on the second video concerning Park M3.

Paysteak is very unique. His advice is also very localized to his hunting area and unique.

If you hunt targets in the air, on styrofoam, on porches, concrete slabs, are only hunting shallower targets or have dirt with absolutely no iron or salt mineralization, a lot of what he said may apply to you as far as choosing a single frequency over one of the three Multi settings in Park mode. I don't hunt in any of those conditions so his advice about frequency use is useless for me.

His commentary had some other very questionable assumptions.

The first is that the transmit and return signals were "penetrating" the foil or gold ring in order to detect the high conductor coin target underneath.

The second is that on the Legend specifically a selection of single frequency will have more power/depth than selecting Multi frequency because that same power/depth potential will be split in half between the two frequencies being used in one of the Legend's Multi settings.

To his credit, he also made some statements that people using version 1.10 software Park M3 need to be very aware of. No doubt, Park M3 will hit very hard on high conductor coins.....sometimes.  Jeremy said that "the size of the coin matters". So does the orientation/profile of the high conductor coin in the ground.

So, a very low weighted frequency combination used in Park M3 will detect some foil targets very poorly depending on their size and orientation. In fact it will detect any target poorly that is very small or is only showing a very small profile to the coil due to orientation in the ground. Micro jewelry, poorly oriented jewelry/coins will be hard to hit with Park M3 whether they have foil near them or not. If they have iron or steel alloy targets that are adding to the profile being masked........same problem.

Park M1 with its middle of the road frequency weighting (note that Jeremy was recommending 15 kHz single frequency for general park hunting) is still the best mode for me, for hunting a variety of targets found in most USA parks with modern trash. Park M2 is great for lower conductors, smaller targets and for more trashy/iron mineralized areas that need a little more natural higher frequency weighting separation and Park M3 appears to be excellent for high conductor cherry picking. Its lower frequency weighting may effect its overall depth in my soil conditions.......which has a bit to do with overall power, but has more to do with the size of lower frequency waves themselves versus high iron mineralization.

So, don't take Jeremy's, CD's, TNSS's or my word for anything approaching what your experience may be in your ground conditions. All I personally can tell you is what I experience as tendencies of the Legend where I detect. Learn your Legend on your on and what it can really do.

• Like 8