The Legend Freeze Menu Time Tracking

13 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

well since you cannot go into the time tracking itself I kind of read between the lines LOL and thought he was saying when he goes into the menus

Ha ha, I see your point.

I've never even looked at any of the time stuff, so I figured he was going into some "time" setting that I always just ignored 😁

15 minutes ago, Cal_ said:

I presume you sent Nokta a PM from their FB page and described the issue?

From what I've seen the few times I visited the Nokta FB page, a lot of the postings there appear to be by folks who either have never owned a metal detector before and appear to have not read any of the instruction manual for this one.

I personally reported the issue through the supplied email for 1.10 version 2 but I will admit I also posted it up on the facebook groups to bring Nokta's attention to it

11 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

I've had my Legend lock up once. But it was cold, at night, and I had thick gloves on. Due to that, I think I pressed 2 buttons at the same time that caused the lock up.

you actually would not believe just how many Legend users have had their Legend's freeze up and when you ask them if they reported it they say no they did not, they would tell me they thought it was normal which told me they are new detectorist, I would reply back and tell them a detector freezing up is not normal and that they needed to report it so it could be fixed

how is Nokta supposed to fix anything unless you report the issue to them, the other thing is unless you could reproduce the freezing issue and tell the repair center how to reproduce the issue, it would do absolutely no good to send your Legend back for them to look at it and hope the issue occurs while in the repair center hands, when mine froze it just all of a sudden froze for no apparent reason how would you reproduce that, to tell Nokta how to reproduce the scenario

That's it exactly D.

I repair computers for a living, and an intermittent lock up is the worst possible problem (by far) that a computer tech encounters. Like you said, what caused the lock up? It could be anything. Bad ram, a defective hard drive, a defective hardware driver, a defective component on the motherboard, a bad solder joint anywhere, a bad battery, etc, etc, etc.

4 hours ago, raziel900 said:
on my legend it only happens when i go to the time tracking menu it freezes...

what do you mean by TIME Tracking Menu, you are confusing people that use the Legend, and now I am being like Digalicious

there is no such thing as a time tracking menu in the Legend, there is a menu that you can go into to see the time tracking hour glass but no way to go into that particular time tracking tool you can not even set anything up in the tool that tracks the time your Legend is booted up and being used, if you are talking about going into the Menus, I have also never had my Legend freeze up just by going into the menu's area.

can you please explain what you mean by this

(on my legend it only happens when i go to the time tracking menu it freezes...)

My Legend freezing up happened each and every time when I was trying to set up a custom user profile only.

So please explain what you are talking about in a little clearer form

20 hours ago, DSMITH said:

what do you mean by TIME Tracking Menu, you are confusing people that use the Legend, and now I am being like Digalicious

there is no such thing as a time tracking menu in the Legend, there is a menu that you can go into to see the time tracking hour glass but no way to go into that particular time tracking tool you can not even set anything up in the tool that tracks the time your Legend is booted up and being used, if you are talking about going into the Menus, I have also never had my Legend freeze up just by going into the menu's area.

can you please explain what you mean by this

(on my legend it only happens when i go to the time tracking menu it freezes...)

My Legend freezing up happened each and every time when I was trying to set up a custom user profile only.

So please explain what you are talking about in a little clearer form

when I highlight the hourglass icon in the menu... the legend freezes

2 hours ago, raziel900 said:
when I highlight the hourglass icon in the menu... the legend freezes

Now that is a whole different issue that I have personally heard nothing about, that needs to be reported to Nokta for sure