The Legend Freeze Menu Time Tracking

Does anyone have the same problem with the legend as me? entering the menu and then selecting the submenu time tracking crashes everything and I have to restart it by holding down the power button for 30 seconds, software version 1.10 beta 2, also tried with version 1.09 same problem..... Any solution?

I'm not really sure what you are describing. There is no normal reason the unit should freeze. The Settings button should clear you back to the Detect screen after any attempted adjustments. No normal need to hold the Power button down  to restart.

Try a proper Factory Reset by going into the User Profile menu then holding the Pin point button until FD appears. This should always been done after any Firmware download install.

Hi raziel.

I've never seen anyone post that issue on the metal detecting forums I visit, nor on any of the Legend's Facebook pages (which have thousands of Legend users on them).

Did you try the factory reset as JCR mentioned? If so, and it still has the issue, I would re-install the update then do the factory reset.

8 hours ago, Digalicious said:

Hi raziel.

I've never seen anyone post that issue on the metal detecting forums I visit, nor on any of the Legend's Facebook pages (which have thousands of Legend users on them).

Did you try the factory reset as JCR mentioned? If so, and it still has the issue, I would re-install the update then do the factory reset.

I have posted about it several times on the Facebook groups and on the a couple of forums all you get when you post up about a Legend freezing up is User Error, this is not a user error and there has been several others that have reported the issue, I also reported the issue to Nokta through the provided email address for the 1.10 Beta test version

it has happened to me 5 times in the 1.09 version and 3 times in the 1.10 version #2, again I have reported this issue to Nokta each and every time, the last time one of my legends froze in 1.09 it did it 5 times in a thirty minute time period, the fifth time it happened I held the power button down for a good 3 minutes to get it to reset after it reset I did a factory reset back to default, and then powered it off and reinstalled the 1.09 update once updated again I shut it down and rebooted it and did a second factory reset to defaults, I thought it had corrected it but when I installed the 1.10 version 2 it did the freeze again the third time I did the same as I did with the 1.09 freezing issue, it has not happened again

I feel this is a bug that Nokta is not seeing  

needed to add this each time my legend froze on me it was while I was in the middle of setting up some custom user settings I wanted to try, when it freezes and you do a hard reset it literally wipes out settings you put in so you have to start over

the freezing issues has only happened on one of my legends my second legend has never froze not once, the differences in my two Legends is the one that freezes up was the first one I received which was 1.04 version from the first shipments that hit the U.S, my second Legend was version 1.05 and the dealer I purchased it from updated it to 1.07

the first shipment that hit the U.S there was issues with some of them freezing up which I thought Nokta/Macro had fixed with version 1.05

8 hours ago, raziel900 said:
i'm saying: my legend freezes when i go to the tracking time menu,
does anyone have a freeze problem with the legend?

the next time it freezes get it to reset by holding the power button down this is a hard reset once it resets do the factory default reset then shut your legend down and re install the 1.10 version 2 and see if the issue goes away, also do not forget to do the factory default reset once you re install the 1.10 version 2

for some unknown reason I feel the install of some of the versions does not install correctly initially and it takes a few re installs to get the firmware update to set in the Legend do I know this to be fact no I do not but I am telling you what I had to do

D,

I was referring to the specific issue of freezing when going into the time tracking option. Other than raziel posting about it, I've never heard of it before.

But yes, the update issues that I have read about, have been mainly resolved by re-installing the update. It seems sometimes the install gets buggered up for some reason.

5 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

D,

I was referring to the specific issue of freezing when going into the time tracking option. Other than raziel posting about it, I've never heard of it before.

But yes, the update issues that I have read about, have been mainly resolved by re-installing the update. It seems sometimes the install gets buggered up for some reason.

well since you cannot go into the time tracking itself I kind of read between the lines LOL and thought he was saying when he goes into the menus

I presume you sent Nokta a PM from their FB page and described the issue?

From what I've seen the few times I visited the Nokta FB page, a lot of the postings there appear to be by folks who either have never owned a metal detector before and appear to have not read any of the instruction manual for this one.

That is sooo true Cal.

Due to the low cost, many Nokta detector owners are new to the hobby. That's why so many of the "issues" reported are actually the user's lack of knowledge. Then again yes, I also see so many questions from users that aren't newbies, but clearly didn't  bother reading the manual.