Ground Suppression And Mineralized Soil

HerrUU

I've been looking at the Ground Suppression option we now have in version 1.10. If I read it correctly this helps stabilizing the detector on highly mineralized soil, right?

Now my question is, how do I know I have highly mineralised soil? I hunt on arable farmland here in Belgium and this soil has been farmed for a long long time (oldest reference I found is 1750 but even then it was already farmed for centuries) and in the last 100 years a lot of fertilizer has been used. I wonder if this can result in mineralized soil? 

What is mineralized soil?

I did but it's not a lot of information. Found several pieces of cokes this afternoon in the field and did some tests with the GS settings but it didn't do much. There's a lot of interference here, I wonder if cellphone coverage has anything to do with it?

Thanks, it does actually so it's interference 🤔No wonder, we have some of the best 5G coverage of Europe here. Technology does have it's disadvanteges 

On 2/12/2023 at 3:13 AM, HerrUU said:

I've been looking at the Ground Suppression option we now have in version 1.10. If I read it correctly this helps stabilizing the detector on highly mineralized soil, right?

Now my question is, how do I know I have highly mineralised soil? I hunt on arable farmland here in Belgium and this soil has been farmed for a long long time (oldest reference I found is 1750 but even then it was already farmed for centuries) and in the last 100 years a lot of fertilizer has been used. I wonder if this can result in mineralized soil? 

What is mineralized soil?

Switch on the Mineralization meter on your Legend that meter will tell you how mineralized your ground is, the mineralization meter was added in the 1.09 version, when the Mineral meter is active you will no longer have a ferro check, because when you activate the mineral meter in the Legend it changes the ferro check into a mineralization meter

this is how you activate the mineral meter

hit the ground balance button and then click the horseshoe button you will now see GI (Ground Indicator) on the Legend screen

to change back to the ferro check do the same thing as when you activated the mineral meter

only now you will see FC (Ferro Check) on the Legend screen

the left side of the mineral meter is (Iron Particles) in the ground the right side of the mineral meter is (Salt Content) in the ground

16 hours ago, DSMITH said:

Switch on the Mineralization meter on your Legend that meter will tell you how mineralized your ground is, the mineralization meter was added in the 1.09 version, when the Mineral meter is active you will no longer have a ferro check, because when you activate the mineral meter in the Legend it changes the ferro check into a mineralization meter

this is how you activate the mineral meter

hit the ground balance button and then click the horseshoe button you will now see GI (Ground Indicator) on the Legend screen

to change back to the ferro check do the same thing as when you activated the mineral meter

only now you will see FC (Ferro Check) on the Legend screen

the left side of the mineral meter is (Iron Particles) in the ground the right side of the mineral meter is (Salt Content) in the ground

Haven't tried this feature out in the wild, but it's what I'm wanting to use on the Legend for finding black sand deposits in the local creeks. High reading to the right = good place to dig/sample. Maybe flag readings across a 100 ft stretch of creek as a proxy indicator of where the gold deposits. 

2 hours ago, glacialgold said:

Haven't tried this feature out in the wild, but it's what I'm wanting to use on the Legend for finding black sand deposits in the local creeks. High reading to the right = good place to dig/sample. Maybe flag readings across a 100 ft stretch of creek as a proxy indicator of where the gold deposits. 

I actually use the Mineral meter for the same thing you suggested it also allows you to follow the black sand I.E Magnetite, as well as the salt content 

The meter reading to the right is for salt content the Left is for iron particle content