First Hunt With 11x13

Capphd

Disclaimer: I didn't go to a site that had been beaten to death by me for 40 years. That's typically how I try out a new machine or coil. But I had just gotten a new permission that I was eager to hunt. I swung the 11x13 for two days and loved it. When the farmer came by the truck and saw the relics, he said, "As many people as have hunted this place for so many years, I just don't see how stuff keeps getting found." So, while I haven't hunted the site, it has been hunted. Pictured are my finds for the two days. Dug several large artillery fragments also. I just know there is a shell in there. I did minor tweaks on DHC such as decreasing reactivity and silencer for the mild soil with little trash. 

Relics.jpg

8 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

That's very impressive, well done! How was the pinpointing on that large coil?

Good question. Still learning. Sometimes spot on. Other times inexplicably off. Guess I need to pay closer attention. Fortunately, I was in the woods and not someone’s yard. 

12 minutes ago, Capphd said:

Good question. Still learning. Sometimes spot on. Other times inexplicably off. Guess I need to pay closer attention. Fortunately, I was in the woods and not someone’s yard. 

Well that's even more impressive if you were using the big coil in the woods. I'll have to look at the 11x13" coil closer, thanks for your report!

5 hours ago, Capphd said:

Disclaimer: I didn't go to a site that had been beaten to death by me for 40 years. That's typically how I try out a new machine or coil. But I had just gotten a new permission that I was eager to hunt. I swung the 11x13 for two days and loved it. When the farmer came by the truck and saw the relics, he said, "As many people as have hunted this place for so many years, I just don't see how stuff keeps getting found." So, while I haven't hunted the site, it has been hunted. Pictured are my finds for the two days. 

Were you using a pinpointer with this 11X13 ? Curious to know because I could not use even a 11 coil without a pinpointer now ...

1 hour ago, palzynski said:

Were you using a pinpointer with this 11X13 ? Curious to know because I could not use even a 11 coil without a pinpointer now ...

Pinpointer always helps  me even with the 9”! 😄

Great hunt Capphd 👍

3 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Well that's even more impressive if you were using the big coil in the woods. I'll have to look at the 11x13" coil closer, thanks for your report!

And the terrain was severe. I dug bullets higher than my head.