Fascinating Link From The Amsterdam Subway Dig - Artifact Visual Archive

Stumbled across this in an article about the big dig under Amsterdam.  Provided a link to all the artifacts they are uncovering.  Might be of use to help ID items you've found but aren't quite sure about...or give you an idea of age.  I also found it curious to see the evolution of how items in Europe made their way to the Americas, sometimes with a lag.  Gaming tokens from the 1700s - who knew?

Wish it had a better search function than the timeline....get a large coffee, as it's a very long list of pics.  Lot's of hammered bronze, silver and a few gold items.  Tons of artifacts.

https://belowthesurface.amsterdam/en/vondsten

20 hours ago, Zincoln said:

Provided a link to all the artifacts they are uncovering.

And they have uncovered a lot!!

I'm not sure where the last hour went but my 19 yr old son just popped his head around the corner and we have spent a good hour looking at all the old, new, weird and wonderful things.  He was more amazed than I was.  We found out what a caltrop was - yeeeouch!

Just an addit.  Rather than scroll through the entire screed of them from top to bottom you can click on any individual item and it takes you into a further info page about that item.  Then, down in the left bottom corner there is a 'view in display' button.  If you click on that link it takes you to a zoomed in view of that item in a huge display. From their you can scroll out and move around and look at all of the items where they have all been grouped together.   Then you can zoom in on any part of the display, click on any particular item again and get the further info.   You might already find this easy enough yourself but it wasn't apparent at first when we started scrolling through the catalogue. 

Actually, this might take you straight to the display page 

https://belowthesurface.amsterdam/en/rokin/NZD1.00610MIX022

Great link @Zincoln, thanks 👍