Picked This Nice One Up Today From Accross The Pond.

Looks like it's never been used!  That stock mono coil (called Oz mono and/or Aussie mono) is a good match for the detector, IMO, at least when you're going after the deeper stuff.  The dual-field mono (which looks the same and was stock on the /SL) might be more useful if you also want to find small stuff closer to the surface.  For me, I've got other detectors for that and I bet you do, too 😏 unless possibly in extremely mineralized ground.  I also have the NuggetFinder Sadie (6"x8") for hunting the small gold nuggets, plus several other coils.  But those two (12" stock mono and NF Sadie) are all I really need.

Did yours come with working rechargeable batteries?  Those small box TDI's eat disposable batteries for lunch -- maybe 4 hours and they're done.  Rechargeables don't necessarily run longer (depends upon the type and configuration) but at least you don't have to throw them out when discharged.

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Looks like it's never been used!  That stock mono coil (called Oz mono and/or Aussie mono) is a good match for the detector, IMO, at least when you're going after the deeper stuff.  The dual-field mono (which looks the same and was stock on the /SL) might be more useful if you also want to find small stuff closer to the surface.  For me, I've got other detectors for that and I bet you do, too 😏 unless possibly in extremely mineralized ground.  I also have the NuggetFinder Sadie (6"x8") for hunting the small gold nuggets, plus several other coils.  But those two (12" stock mono and NF Sadie) are all I really need.

Did yours come with working rechargeable batteries?  Those small box TDI's eat disposable batteries for lunch -- maybe 4 hours and they're done.  Rechargeables don't necessarily run longer (depends upon the type and configuration) but at least you don't have to throw them out when discharged.

Yes it has rechargeables and I have several other coils to Include the Sadie and it's two other Nugget Finders and several different monos and DD. I can ony hunt about less then four hours.

2 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

George, that detector looks show room.  Where & how did you find it?  And more importantly, how are you going to use it?

Bill

Got it from my friend in England. Will use it at the salt water and for Hot Ground Relic Hunting.

That detector was on my mates Kevin's website Staffordshire Metal Detectors recently,was very tempted myself but all ready have as brand new TDI Pro so no need for another one.

5 hours ago, RickUK said:

That detector was on my mates Kevin's website Staffordshire Metal Detectors recently,was very tempted myself but all ready have as brand new TDI Pro so no need for another one.

Yes. He is my mate too.

Now George, your going to have a whole house of detectors mad at you for bringing another home.

Good luck with it and hope it brings many new finds for you.

I have bought a few coils from Kevin for my detectors,,, the last time it was a small 4" CC coil for my Tesoro Mojave..and Everything has always been fine..I have seen the Sierra on offer...

I like to read his blog ... for several years ...