My Legend Pp Has Arrived

Just arrived today sporting the V 1.05 version. 
    Slapped it together right away and quite satisfied overall. My LG 24 will follow tomorrow. As I got a terrific deal I sprang for a control cover , the one with colored buttons. Not to be cynical but I intend to keep it tip top for possible sale if I choose to, as In should I have my eye on something else. My main swing is the Deus 2 with 9” w/ WS6 master,  and 11” w/ remote. The legend gives me an elliptical coil and the 6”- plus it’s always ready to dunk in the water if I get the opportunity. 
     So how does V 1.05 stack up against subsequent upgrades?  I must say I dread the update process.   Does anyone know if I can use my chrome book , or is that a negative?  
  First things first, I need to familiarize myself with the menu and settings. 
    After a really mild winter, the weather has turned colder with more snow, but I should still be able to give it a run this weekend. 
  Cheers

Congratulations on your new detector.

When you get the LG24, put it on and never look at the 11" coil again 🙂

I also suggest updating to v1.11, because there has been significant enhancements and features added since v1.05. Nokta greatly improved the update process, and it's rare now to hear of an update install issue. The update is for Windows and Macs, and I don't know what would happen if you tried with a Chromebook. Nokta greatly improved the update process. It's now very intuitive and you should be fine. Here's a list of what the updates have produced:

The Legend - Nokta Detectors

(Click on Software Update and scroll down)

I believe chrome book will work if windows has been installed on it but it isn’t on mine and I have no intention of installing it. 
     I’m sure I’ll manage the update successfully. 
other than the expanded coil options, it will be nice to have an alternative to my main detector  (Deus 2). I do believe the legend might outperform the Equinox 600 that I had for 2 1/2 years, which worked well for me but I sold it to I. Part fund the Deus2. 

16 hours ago, relicmeister said:

So how does V 1.05 stack up against subsequent upgrades?  I must say I dread the update process.

Update to 1.11, there's no sense in updating to an older versio. Don't fear the update process, use a windows PC and install the additional drivers in the update package. Once that is done, just open the update installer and it will tell you what to do. 🙂

I too would recommend going to V1.11 when you can, the M3 alone is worth it. But V1.05 was real good too.

1 hour ago, JCR said:

I too would recommend going to V1.11 when you can, the M3 alone is worth it. But V1.05 was real good too.

Thanks. I downloaded the updater today and 

might try the update on Friday. 

Excuse me for asking a dumb question, but what is a Legend Pp?

Pro pack?