Deus 2 Park

TJ Jeepguy

Has anyone found the current park program ,or it as a base for a custom program, to be at all better in a detecting location? I’ve experimented with it constantly in various scenarios and have not really come to a conclusion on it yet.  I’d like to hear your opinions.  

I've worked with Park a good bit and was surprised, actually very surprised how it performed. Park features a Bottle Cap Reject of 5 and a Silencer of 3. That is some serious iron filtering. What surprised me was that I dug deep iron-masked targets at a few sites that I have worn out over the years. For an iron choked cellar hole site, it's worth going over it with Park to see what may still be hiding next to a deep crusty old square nail or bean pot fragment. Raise the Sensitivity if you can.

I didn't really like Park at first in my parks (go figure) because Fast does really well in them, but I'm going to give Park another look for some spots. I was playing around with settings in the back yard today and was really surprised how quiet it was and still hitting everything compared to some of my less filtered programs running hot in the EMI soup of the neighborhood. Of course one of the reasons it runs so quiet is the lower weighted frequencies with a top frequency of 24 kHz like the Relic program and lower frequencies are less affected by ground noise and mineralization. I'm going to tweak it a bit and try it out again.

I truly like Park program. I use it with different audio options. It filters out most of the iron. I'm finding iron nails in one hole with coins. I use it mainly in ... park. It's a coin killer.

Only "drawback" can be filtering out modern coins with iron core. But I'm fine with it.

Thanks guys this is interesting. Park is a program that seems to take a back seat to the sensitives and deep HC for general hunting and discussions.  

I’m guilty of setting filter settings of programs to their zero point with the thought that the filters may hide a target, but I may need to start letting the machine do a little more work now and then😀

19 hours ago, TJ Jeepguy said:

I’m guilty of setting filter settings of programs to their zero point with the thought that the filters may hide a target, but I may need to start letting the machine do a little more work now and then😀

that's nonsense. the filters are fine for beginners and people that dont have much field time on the machines. and maybe someone that has limited time so they need to be selective on targets.

but once you've got some hours and know what you are doing, your brain works better than any machine out there. i almost always run filters down at 0 and let me ears do the work

I think some well managed filter parameters could have benefit in some instances, even for an experienced person on the machine. But I still remain a fan of running no user controllable filters.  

4 hours ago, TJ Jeepguy said:

I think some well managed filter parameters could have benefit in some instances, even for an experienced person on the machine. But I still remain a fan of running no user controllable filters.  

I agree 100% TJ. There are instances where filters will better alert you to targets than using no filters. Actually in a very real sense, EVERY single setting in a detector is a filter of some sort. If you hunt in 4kHz, you will filter out a lot of small low conducting buttons. If you run Reactivity at 5, you will filter out that Large Cent at 11 inches. I ran my D1 wide open most of the time, but seeing how Park with its high iron filters sniffed out some deep iron-masked goodies, that caught my attention. Sure other programs with less or no filtering could sometimes hit those masked targets AFTER I knew there was something there and I could work the coil around the target. But with a normal coil swing and not knowing there was something there, those other programs just didn't respond in a way to make me stop and investigate further. The brain is indeed the best filter, but it can be enhanced with thoughful applications of the detector's filters.