Another Gold Chain

Found this chain on the high wet sand line. It wasn't very deep, maybe a couple of inches but really screamed out loud. The solid chain is 14K and the jump ring is steel / iron. The lobster claw is marked 1/10th 12K gold filled. Apparently, someone tried to fix it with the added components. There is also a small weld where one of the links must have broken at one time and was repaired. Its ID was a 14 with some mixed in negative number iron grunts because of the steel magnetic ring. I was searching in beach low conductors.  The total weight is 10.7 grams.

Manti gold chain.jpeg

Beautiful find. I wonder just how many chains are still in the sand just inches away from being heard. Nice to see that the chain was gold and not modern junk!

1 hour ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Beautiful find. I wonder just how many chains are still in the sand just inches away from being heard. Nice to see that the chain was gold and not modern junk!

For sure!! I was not finding much at all and decided to hunt along the high trashy tide line. I can't even imagine how many chains are lost out there. Finding a gold chain in the water is the most difficult for me. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've found one in the water. And I always see people wearing them and little kids are being carried by their parents or grandparents in the shallow water. They have to get pulled off, but because of balancing out the salt water, and running a lower sensitivity, it pretty much cancels out the small thin chains. 

1 hour ago, TampaBayBrad said:

NICE! Glad to hear Manticore was screaming. Thanks for the ID info. I'm digging anything below 27 just in case.

I pretty much dig everything unless it's a definite iron target. I'm getting pretty confident with the bottle cap response. All my 20 something ID's have been aluminum, but I can guarantee one of those 20's will eventually be gold.