Ugly Box Electrolysis Unit

Anybody ever try this thing? I have a home-made electrolysis unit but it is super ghetto and sketchy. Been considering buying one but i am curious how it compares to a homemade setup. 

Is it actually possible for it to clean better or is it just fancy looking?

Is there a link?

I purchased one a few years ago, it stopped working after about 6 months. They told me to send it in for warranty repairs but I procrastinated and never sent it in. I made one myself and have been using it ever since. I believe the one I made works better.

They are easy to make..I've used to clean up large iron...I would never use on  coin..ask how I know

strick

My electrolysis set up is a Mason jar and alligator clips that are connected to a adjustable power supply. Washing soda is added to water and I use any old iron I find metal detecting. Remember it has to be iron only!

10 hours ago, Sirius said:

My electrolysis set up is a Mason jar and alligator clips that are connected to a adjustable power supply. Washing soda is added to water and I use any old iron I find metal detecting. Remember it has to be iron only!

For your sacrificial annode only iron?

3 hours ago, 619_805_okie said:

For your sacrificial annode only iron?

Yeah it's the only thing. Red on iron, black on the thing I wanna clean. My adjustable power supply is old so it takes a bit of time for it to really get going.