Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Legend V1.11 Software Wild Target Hunt

3 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I mostly use the stock 11” coil for sites where depth is as or more important as target separation. If I am deliberately not concentrating on depth I use the LG24 elliptical. Gold prospecting, I use the 6” coil.

Given how the LG24 is much less susceptible to EMI than the 11", I can raise my sensitivity significantly higher in EMI with the LG24. So right there alone, I should be able to match, and perhaps even exceed the depth of the 11" in EMI.

In addition, in trashy sites, I won't have to run as high as a recovery speed with the LG24. That means another good boost in depth over the 11"

Taking those two factors into account, I'm definitely thinking I'll get more depth with the LG24. Plus, my arm will thank me.

8 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Scott complains about the Fisher F-Pulse several times in the linked video.

As a person who has thousands and thousands (not an exaggeration) of hours using an F-Pulse and hundreds of hours using one with the Legend, there are two things that he was doing that I absolutely don’t do.

I never put the coil right next to the dig hole when I am using an F-Pulse/Tek-Point.

I also never put a shovel or any other large metallic object near my F-Pulse/Tek-Point when turning it on or using it. 

These are extremely sensitive pinpointers. So, his complaints in my opinion were operator error. Not criticizing him for the sake of criticizing. I just want other users and potential users to know that what I saw in that video was totally normal pinpointer behavior for that brand of pinpointer.

I agree completely.  Been using a Tek Point from the first batch released.  Bought it the first month of release and still use it.  Absolutely love it.

On 4/23/2023 at 5:17 AM, Jeff McClendon said:

I just want other users and potential users to know that what I saw in that video was totally normal pinpointer behavior for that brand of pinpointer.

I have the Tek-point too sinds a few weeks and if you get the detector too close to the pinpointer you will indeed have serious interference. But as you say, put your detector a few feet further from the hole and problem is solved ?

• Like 1