Tmv3.2 Audio Amp For Wm08

I've been trying out the Treasure Mate v3.2 with my WM08 using the Equinox 1/4'' adapter cable.. It works great! I've been after an audio amplifier with an adjustable tone dial for a while now and recently came across a bloke in the Northern Territory who makes boosters and audio amps for PI detectors.. He trades as VKTEK Solutions.. https://www.vkteksolutions.com/  He also exports to the USA..

The audio amp comes in very handy when exploring more remote places away from the public or when headphones are too hot to wear.. This version of the Treasure Mate recharges with an USB cable (included).. Sorry about the lousy video but it'll give you an idea of how the whole thing fits together.. 

TMv3.2 and WM08.JPG

TMv3.2 USB .JPG

TMv3.2.jpg

Equinox Adapter Cable.png

• Like 5

Thanks for sharing the information and I am sure that there will be a lot of people wanting it.

All I really saw with the video was someone's armpit with straps around it, but the pictures looked nice.

Good luck using the amp and hope to see more of your finds.

• Like 1

That's a pretty cool setup, would come in handy for Legend users too with their blowing speakers 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 5:43 PM, phrunt said:

That's a pretty cool setup, would come in handy for Legend users too with their blowing speakers 🙂

Geoff custom makes audio amps and boosters to order.. When I told him it was for a VLF detector he offered to put a 3.5mm jack on it.. I told him I'd already bought the 1/4'' adapter cable which was very long so he made the lead on the amp shorter.. He was very helpful and I'm sure if I'd send him an Equinox screw-in jack he'd attach one.. The tone dial works really well, ranging from the zippy sound of a Deus to closely matching the Equinox tones.. It's also very loud and good at picking out faint deep targets..

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

Unfortunately, Nokta doesnt have a WM08 for Legend and uses a proprietary waterproof combo headphone/data/charge connector on their Legend/Simplex control boxes (which also makes using their outboard extended battery impossible with a wired loadspeaker or headphones). 

But Erik's nifty device will work with Legend (and Nox for that matter) with an APTX-LL BT receiver as an alternative to the Nox's WM08.

Unfortunately, no WM08 equivalent or even APTX-LL receiver equivalent for the Nox 700/900 or Manticore as they use the latest and greatest BT LE Audio but there are no third party BT LE equivalents to these receivers out there quite yet.

Because of the wonky Legend speaker and external wired audio limitations, I use the Avantree Torus neckband speaker with built-in earbuds so with one device I have a near field speaker or privacy as I see fit.  I've used it with the Nox 800 too (and it is popular with GPX 6000 users).  But it lacks onboard tone adjustments and the ability to plug directly into an audio source like Erik's device (which also appears to have a headphone jack of its own to pass through audio...nice).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Erik's device (which also appears to have a headphone jack of its own to pass through audio...nice).

I forgot to mention it, yes it also has it's own headphone jack.. I'm still hesitating about upgrading to a Nox 900, mainly because you can't use a WM08 with it.. Would the Quest Wirefree Mate work with a Nox 800? If it did the detector would have two good mates, the Treasure Mate and the Wirefree Mate.. 🙂 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Erik Oostra said:

I forgot to mention it, yes it also has it's own headphone jack.. I'm still hesitating about upgrading to a Nox 900, mainly because you can't use a WM08 with it.. Would the Quest Wirefree Mate work with a Nox 800? If it did the detector would have two good mates, the Treasure Mate and the Wirefree Mate.. 🙂 

The Quest Wirefree mate should work with both Nox 800 and Nox 900 by plugging the Quest transmitter into the headphone jack of either detector.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

I forgot to mention it, yes it also has it's own headphone jack.

So you can plug headphones/earbuds into the amplifier and that silences the speaker?

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 4:42 AM, Chase Goldman said:

The Quest Wirefree mate should work with both Nox 800 and Nox 900 by plugging the Quest transmitter into the headphone jack of either detector.

That's good to know in deciding on the Nox 900.. How is the transmitter mounted on the detector? I can find plenty of pictures of it but none show where it sits.. Is it on the shaft somehow or on the back of the control box? 

6 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

So you can plug headphones/earbuds into the amplifier and that silences the speaker?

Yes that's right.. I've found that as a speaker or with headphones this amp really amplifies the fainter sounds of small deep targets.. The tone adjustment also works well and is great for people who are hard of hearing or tone deaf..        

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Erik Oostra said:

That's good to know in deciding on the Nox 900.. How is the transmitter mounted on the detector? I can find plenty of pictures of it but none show where it sits.. Is it on the shaft somehow or on the back of the control box? 

Yes the transmitter has a concave back that allows you to place it on the shaft and secure it with an elastic band.

• Thanks 1