Rating The Tesoro Umax Models

Bought a golden µmax and a compadre at sunray when he was still in Hazleton iowa. Really liked it and only sold them about 2 yrs ago.  

• Oh my! 1

Kind of funny Minelab is putting all newer models in basically the same housing like Tesoro did with the µmax line. Except the Cortez a la Manticore😄 

• Like 1

Still love the Compadre and Mojave.  Super simple machines that work great for itty bitty gold jewelry in playground areas and sniffing out coins and relics in heavy iron.  I also have a Compadre that I mounted in a waterproof case that is my freshwater swimming hole gold getter!!  I’d love to try a Golden uMax if I ever find one to buy. 

• Like 2

On 5/9/2023 at 4:27 PM, Noah (FL) said:

I also have a Compadre that I mounted in a waterproof case that is my freshwater swimming hole gold getter!!  

That's a great idea! Glad to see someone try that!👍 Funny, the two you have, are one's I haven't owned! Did bid on a Mojave a few times, but the owner wouldn't move off a "too high" of a price! I've seen the Golden umax occasionally, but not as common as some of the others! I think I read that there was a revision of the first Golden umax, due to the two middle tones of the four, sounding too much alike!

Some of the European models, like the Lazer, show up occasionally too! but are obviously geared more toward European, and older foreign coins!👍👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe D. said:

That's a great idea! Glad to see someone try that!

I’ll try and post some pics of it. It’s been going strong for about 6 years 

I think I read that there was a revision of the first Golden umax, due to the two middle tones of the four, sounding too much alike!

I think the second revision of the Golden has a second “high” tone for the nickel range   On both versions you can manipulate the tone breaks with the notch adjustment   

The Tesoro Gator, or Gatoro? Nice! Is Gatoro a word?!👍 Could have been another model for fresh water!! They missed out!😁 I think the Tiger Shark was a fresh water unit! I have a Sand Shark for the salt, but oddly it has a decal from each on it!!🍀👍👍

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Bandido II µmax is my favourite. But I do find the Vaquero tone a little more easy on the ears. 

• Like 4