Rating The Tesoro Umax Models

I needed a fix.......................picked up for myself a nice Tesoro Eldorado umax and Bandido II umax. Both work perfectly.

7 hours ago, Sven1 said:

I needed a fix.......................picked up for myself a nice Tesoro Eldorado umax and Bandido II umax. Both work perfectly.

Sven,great to see you back out again and posting and with your trusty Tesoro machines,i totally agree with you about getting the fun back again in detecting as with all these modern machines they can take away the enjoyment.

8 hours ago, Sven1 said:

Oh no Sven, say it isn't so. You mean I have to thumb the disc knob again? 😇

I bought a used Tesoro Vaquero some time ago, and do like to use it now and again, as it does well with nails.

However, I am not turned off at all by the "cell phone on a stick" but do hope not to see actual cell phones replace dedicated machines on a stick. 🙄 Apps are toys. The framework isn't there.

Specialty miniaturization has always improved certain industries, I for one am glad to see that I don't have to lug a 5 pound box around to find history and valuable stuff. I think the power is there now to make Pulse Induction more popular again with lighter machines, and am cautiously excited to see what Garrett and others might bring soon.

I do not fear having many options to adjust over a few potentiometers. The more I do this the more I see the need for control over the ever changing environments I visit each year, and not having to have one machine for each place makes my wife happy. 😏

Funny thing, I never used to thumb the disc control. Because of the composition of Canadian clad coins.  Especially when they are on edge, have to keep the disc setting low and listen for a one way signal. The Eldorado has always been my first choice, with the ED180 disc.

Buddy bought a Vaquero from Rick and hadn't used it too much. He has been using his Apex and my AT Pro. Other day we hit an old field we picked the hell out of with the Vaquero and found a really nice 1858 flying eagle. Now it's becoming his favorite machine.

• 3 weeks later...

My first is : Compadre / Laser Scout (Compadre Uk version with sensibility knob)

My second : Golden Umax

No Umax : Silver Sabre 2