Audio Filter Vs Strong Mineralization

Ogliuga

It’s only an air test did at home, I have taken advantage from the fact that wife isn’t here and my daughter doesn’t care! A low conductor below a high mineralized hematite stone to understand how and how much audio filter can improve detection on mineralized ground. Well, according to this test, audio filter works not only to amplify weaker deep signals and there is a big difference between audio filter 5 versus 1 and 2 but also 3-4 and obviously 0. Settings: prog.2 with disc 5, sensitivity 95, iron volume 5, audio response 5, 3 tones high square, square and PWM, silencer 2, no bottle cap and notch.  In Pitch and with 2 only tones signal would have been stronger. 11”, 9” and 13” coils. Also big coil passed test with flying colors. I’m happy for  the result . Look forward to go on the field!

6CF282F7-DF3B-4081-B0EB-CC13282C26D5.jpeg.fe7407dc1b5481e8a77f7a5641c29e2e.jpeg

• Like 8

Hello Gary and thanks a lot for your reply. Mine is only an air test did at home and I have to try on the field. I have large areas where mineralization is really strong and according to this simple test, audio filter maybe could help also on mineralized soils. But I have to study and understand on the field. I’ll let you know my thoughts and thank you a lot for your help. 👍

• Like 1

Just come back from the high mineralized area, I wanted to show that audio filter feature is really important to go deeper and have a better signal also in mineralized soils. I had a weak one way signal with audio filter 0 and a 100% better signal with audio filter 5. 

Very low conductive target in the bottom of a 9” hole..

C142B6FE-3788-4312-8EAE-1E0893C01095.thumb.jpeg.4d1747bd613c0a6c301a84f245e3bd43.jpeg

Here is the video. Sorry for the low quality, used again the mobile phone but I have to buy an action cam..

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ogliuga said:

Just come back from the high mineralized area, I wanted to show that audio filter feature is really important to go deeper and have a better signal also in mineralized soils. I had a weak one way signal with audio filter 0 and a 100% better signal with audio filter 5. 

Very low conductive target in the bottom of a 9” hole..

C142B6FE-3788-4312-8EAE-1E0893C01095.thumb.jpeg.4d1747bd613c0a6c301a84f245e3bd43.jpeg

Here is the video. Sorry for the low quality, used again the mobile phone but I have to buy an action cam..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN2rWvbdn4Q

Thanks for this excellent thread! Very helpful and interesting.

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2023 at 5:24 PM, Gary XP said:

I find the audio filter should be used with caution.

Higher levels 3-5 take the iron buzz out of the deep targets, let's say ground saturation at depth.

Also I have been told higher levels can offer advantages when hunting in the surf.

The downside is higher levels can soften iron signals and you may be fooled into thinking they are good targets. Also shallow targets can sound a little wooly.

Lower levels 0-2 can give better iron identification, as they are "pure" unfiltered signals. 

Lower levels are best for iron contaminated sites, I find my go-to settings are mostly 0-1 for UK inland.

But I have some deep pasture and will be testing higher levels once the grass is cut.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Hope this helps

Gary

Thank you for this Sir! Very nice information. 👍👍

15 minutes ago, mudwhale said:

Thanks for this excellent thread! Very helpful and interesting.

Thank you! Machine was obviously ground balanced but when I’m on the field I always forget to do things...like to test the other program I had set for myself and audio filter vs iron. Next time I’ll do other tests but I hope I’ll use an action cam, not the mobile phone. Anyway I’m still happy with the result..

• Like 4

On 5/22/2023 at 4:44 PM, Ogliuga said:

I have large areas where mineralization is really strong and according to this simple test, audio filter maybe could help also on mineralized soils. But I have to study and understand on the field.

I have said this before and have been chastised some. 

One better understand their Deus 2 and have the ability to dial this machine in for your location.  Or you may severely be handicapping yourself! 

This, is why I am always burring a 14" gold ring when making changes at the beach. 

It makes the Deus2 a bit of a PIA!  

1 hour ago, midalake said:

I have said this before and have been chastised some. 

One better understand their Deus 2 and have the ability to dial this machine in for your location.  Or you may severely be handicapping yourself! 

This, is why I am always burring a 14" gold ring when making changes at the beach. 

It makes the Deus2 a bit of a PIA!  

Tests are used to set up the machine at its best..at least this is my purpose. Unfortunately I have a very large area with red soil here, really high mineralized. And that’s something I have to deal with. 

• Like 2